Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: In between bleeding  (Read 2200 times)

Hevholcam

In between bleeding
« on: March 25, 2014, 04:59:07 PM »

Hi, I'm 42 and had an early menopause.
 I have been on Evorel Sequi patches for 18 months, during the last month I have been having in between bleeding. I did have the same problem about a year ago 7 months into taking the patches and had a TVU scan which was normal.
I've only had a 10 day break and then my period started again, whilst in the progesterone phase. I admit I did forget to change my patch for a week a few weeks ago and recently about 24 hours.
My doctor is sending me for another scan and another test (not sure which). I'm petrified it could be womb cancer. Has anyone else experienced similar whilst on these patches?

Taz2

Re: In between bleeding
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 06:00:35 PM »

Hi Hevholcam - welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure how long you had gone without periods before starting HRT but it could be your own hormones kicking in and upsetting things as you are still very young. Also, if you forgot to change your patch during the progesterone phase then the withdrawal of the progesterone even for a short time can trigger a bleed.

I know that you will be worried but I am sure it is just your doc being cautious. Please let us know how you get on and, in the meantime, keep reading and posting. Nice to have you with us.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Hevholcam

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 10:34:58 AM »

Hi Taz

Thanks for your reply, I have my scan booked in for tomorrow so I will let you know.
Before I started on the patches I used to have a period every 6 months or so and had numerous blood tests, and they all said I was in the menopause.
I'm hoping that nothing would have changed much since my last scan a year ago, I had a 5mm lining.

renee

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 05:35:24 PM »

Hi Hevholcam,

I'm going through that too, Iv been on combined HRT for nearly 2 years, which gives me a bleed at the end of each pack. For the past 2 months I have had breakthrough bleeding, sometimes quiet heavy.

I'm getting an internal next week and have been referred for a scan of my womb. I'm also getting a lot of the original meno symptoms too. Think I might have yo change the HRT too.

I started meno at 45, had bloods etc to confirm this.

It's horrible isn't it. Difficult to describe to friends etc who aren't going through it.

Hope you feel better soon. Xx