Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Book recommendation  (Read 2674 times)

Rowan

Book recommendation
« on: April 09, 2014, 09:43:50 AM »

I know we have a book section but not sure how many visit it,

Would like to recommend a book that I am reading at the moment and am very impressed with.

"The Natural Superwoman"  author Uzzi Reiss, M.D OB/GYN
Click here to buy on Amazon

Here is one review

"For some years I have recommended his earlier book, Natural Hormone Balance, to all my female patients using bio-identical hormones to support their estrogen, progesterone, DHEA and testosterone levels. His new book will now become my standard recommendation, because it offers a more comprehensive approach to optimizing all hormone levels for women. The book is organized into four parts. Part I deals with diet, exercise and lifestyle issues. Part II is everything you need to know about bioidentical hormones from symptom evaluation and testing to how to take hormones. Part III adds a very important dimension about brain chemistry issues with extensive information about neurotransmitters, which are affected by your hormone levels. Part Four is about living disease-free and includes a detailed examination of the issue of breast cancer and hormone use.

There are many new ideas in this book compared to to his earlier work. For example, there are more extensive lists of hormone deficiency symptoms and more information on all the benefits of bio identical hormones compared to the typical synthetic pharmaceutical agents like Premarin and Provera. Also Dr. Reiss includes information on assessing and supporting both the adrenal and thyroid glands, since these must be at optimal levels also for the ovarian hormones to function optimally.

The third part focusing on brain issues is a major addition and adds a dimension that I have found to be very important to address. Here he writes about how using his plan can help you with depression, anxiety, stress, sleep, and memory.

In the fourth part Dr. Reiss gives a detailed critique of the cancer fears that spiked worldwide after the WHI studies of Premarin in 2002 and he provides a series of ideas on reducing cancer risk using various natural agents, many of which I recommend to my patients on a regular basis. In this section he also includes studies that support the safe use of topical bio-identical hormones"

It is American but he discusses bio identical hormones that we are prescribed here, he also discusses supplements. 

The chapter on the brain and memory in also very informative.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 08:52:02 PM by silverlady »

Winterose

Re: Book recommendation
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 10:33:28 AM »

Looks good, knowledge is power, ordering a copy now,  :D

Diamonds and pearls 53

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 06:14:03 PM »

Thank you silverlady, will definitely be having a look :)
Diamonds and pearls x

Suzi Q

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 05:51:33 AM »

All 7 books (2 are combined) of THE GAME OF THRONES well why not hehehehe