Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hi all, new to the forum......  (Read 1768 times)

CP

Hi all, new to the forum......
« on: April 03, 2014, 03:33:48 PM »

Hi everyone, so a bit about the pre-menopausal me then!!! I am 38, my mum was on hrt at 40 and her mum (my nan) had menopause by 40 and it seems i am heading in a similar direction.
I finally went to the docs about a month ago after probably a year of not feeling right. I was yelling at my 8 year old son (again!!!) and realised i wasn't sure why..he had literally just walked in the room. I felt like a terrible parent and it gave me the push to at least have a doc say yes, i am pre-menopausal or to stop being silly there is no such thing. I took a list of symptoms i had been having and the doc thankfully ook her time to look at the list and had a chat and the outcome was, i am pre-menopausal. There are blood tests but they can be so hit & miss depending on your hormones on the day you have them. I just felt happy someone had listened and that this is a reality.
Truth is the last few weeks i just feel so tired, i walk my son to school and come back ready for housework and other stuff to get on with and somehow it all feels so much effort, sometimes i realise i have been daydreaming and not sure where some of the time went. I noticed i have cellulite on the upper back part of my legs and bum which was a horrible thing and seemed to appear from nowhere!!!I just feel old and saggy. My skin is spotty, i can be sooooo moody and i know how i am being but it's like an out of body thing, i can't stop it. My periods are regular as clockwork but my pms starts about 2 weeks before, very sore boobs, aches etc....i could go on and on but i just hate feeling like i am losing myself and i hate it........so i decided to come here where i could moan and feel part of a group who hopefully feel like me sometimes.

Hurdity

Re: Hi all, new to the forum......
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 05:00:54 PM »

Hi CP

Just to say :welcomemm: !

You are young to be starting to go through this so when your periods start to become irregular and your oestrogen levels drop - and maybe you get flushes and sweats - then at your age it is important to think about taking HRT to give protection to your heart/circulation and bones. I expect you realise this if your mum was on it at that age too.

In the meantime do have a moan whenever you feel like it and I'm sure there will be others who have started menopause early who will be along to share their experiences!

Hurdity x