Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: still getting down and emotional  (Read 2505 times)

cherub0308

still getting down and emotional
« on: April 02, 2014, 01:36:35 PM »

Hi ladies

I have been on estrogen now  for eight weeks and was feeling better. No emotion or, low mood. This has returned. The slightest thing will upset me.My period is due in 3 days time. I can't face doing simply chores. I have no energy. Back to how I have been previously. This all used to start  half way through my cycle.  Am I being impatient and not giving the estrogen time to work. Or is this as good as it gets!!!!! Whilst I am having periods ?

I am taking 1mg of estrogen in tablet form.  Any advice ?

Thank you

Cherub0308

Hurdity

Re: still getting down and emotional
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 04:20:52 PM »

Hi cherub

if you are still having periods then pms symptoms are to be expected! Unfortunately HRT isn't a complete magic cure although should help considerbaly! If you have a womb then you get the extra oestrogen you are lacking but have to take progestogen. I've looked at your posts and you have a Mirena so don't need extra progestogen? However your own cycle of progesterone and oestrogen will still be taking place to some extent if you are peri-menopausal so it is likely that is what you are experiencing. The Mirena will stop or slow the bleeding as it acts directly on the uterus but if you are ovulating you will still be producing progesterone - and the rise and fall in this hormone is the major factor in pms.

Some women in peri do feel like this anyway ie the pre-menstrual feeling - and again it's to do with the fluctuation in hormones. At least your oestrogen levels will not be dipping as much as they were.

As you get further into meno and your underlying oestrogen levels decrease overall, you may need to increase the dose to get the same benefit and perhaps think of using a patch or gel which generally give a more consistent dose of estradiol directly into the bloodstream?

Hurdity x

cherub0308

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 06:34:50 PM »

Hi hurdity

Thank you for all your info. I am very grateful.  I haee had a lot more gooddays  ie not feeling down and emotional, anxious, not able to face things.  U tend to forget how bad it can be until it returns.

I try and help myself when I  am like this but nothing helps.
Thanks again

Cherub0308 x

cherub0308

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 07:29:42 AM »

Hi Hurdity

Since your last post I have been very low. Like I was before I started the estrogen. Di you think a higher dose would hellp ?   Or am I not  giving it time to work. ?

I know you said its not a magic cure but I thought estrogen helped low mood.

Cherub0308 x

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 08:23:16 AM »

The general rule is to give it 12 weeks but that's difficult if you are not feeling good. Anxiety is a big problem for a lot of us so perhaps speak to your GP about increasing your dose or using a different delivery method like a patch or gel.

Hope you feel better really soon.

Honeyb
x

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 07:36:19 PM »

Sorry to hear you are still feeling low   :hug:

Yes I agree - maybe speakto GP  sooner rather than later - if you think it is more than just pms, and is definitely due to low oestrogen. The problem with the Mirena is that it's difficult to work out where your cycle is I presume, especially when you are peri-menopausal and it is irregular?

Take care

Hurdity  x

cherub0308

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 01:16:03 PM »

Hi honeyb and hurdity

Thank you for your advice.

To be honest I am at my wits end. I am so low. I am still coming off anti ds due to estrogen starting to help. just started one every other day.but now I don know if a good idea. Last time I was like this my period was two weeks late.could the coil ben stopping my periods.  Iwould like to have it out to see what my body is doing but I have fibroids so would. E I be back to heavy periods and anaemia
nia

I feel so tense to and just keep bursting into tears. I feel a total mess.

Coyld the coil be making me feel this way. I just put it down to a period being due. Just so bad :(
Would a hysterectomy be the answer ?

Cherub0308 x