Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Changing from Norethisterone to Noriday  (Read 3695 times)

esmeweatherwax

Changing from Norethisterone to Noriday
« on: July 28, 2015, 08:59:44 AM »

Hi, I posted this on the other health issues thread but it may be more suitable for this one. I am 46 and in perimenopause, my periods have been very heavy. I was also diagnosed with endometriosis in 2010. I didn't use hormones at first but things got so bad I had to. First was cerazette, which didn't agree with me, then micronor which after around 6 months dealt with the pain but I spotted a lot. I was then persuaded to get the mirena which gave me a lot of pain and fell out after 4 months, I bled massively and needed a transfusion in June 2014. I was then put on norethisterone 5mg 3 times a day and ended up on them for 9 months during which I had a failed ablation. They decided to take me off the norethisterone which had stopped the bleeding and pain but the side effects were awful. I was weaned off the norethisterone over a month and replaced it with noriday which I have been on for just over 3 months. I am bleeding again but not too heavy but the cramps have been agony, I realize I may have to wait a bit longer and see, but I am worried that my body has got so used to the high dose it won't readjust to the lower one.

TropicalVon69

Re: Changing from Norethisterone to Noriday
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 09:03:27 AM »

Hi, sorry I can't help with your situation but good luck with your situation and love your user name...feel like I may be turning into Esme too :-)

esmeweatherwax

Re: Changing from Norethisterone to Noriday
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 10:15:41 AM »

Thank you!