Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Moods Help !  (Read 3575 times)

twinkle1066

Moods Help !
« on: March 31, 2014, 12:31:48 PM »

Ok cut long story short :) didn't have monthly since November 2013 - went to see gynae end Jan who prescribed Elleste Duo - when I took the green tabs had terrible tummy cramps so came off it then had the mother of all monthlys! Intially felt better, saw gyae again, had Mirena Coil put in. Hmmm problem is moods have returned, getting married in 8 weeks screamed at my fiance yesterday like a fishwife as he had annoyed me, went outside and i kicked his pride and joy car - he went to a hotel last night and I havent heard from him since ! oh dear :(

Something takes over and i cant control my screaming fits, they make me shake all over and then i cry after. What can i do do level this out? Seeing gynae yet again next Monday but thought I would ask if everyone on here if they have had similar - forgot to mention started bleeding today.. x
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 12:33:42 PM by twinkle1066 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Moods Help !
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 03:13:27 PM »

Oh dear.  I used to get rages.  DH could see them coming on.  Learnt to duck!  Have you heard from your fiancee yet?  This needs sorting!  How is your diet?

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 06:45:25 AM »

I really feel for you twinkle. These sort of PMT rages are horrible and it's so frightening sometimes to feel so much out of control.

Some women suffer mood swings from the progesterone in the mirena coil but, then again, some don't. How long have you had the coil in for? It can take quite a few months to settle down and you may find that after a while you do feel better. The progesterone in Elleste is Norethisterone which again can give mood swings in a lot of women. I found this one difficult to tolerate.

Have you been offered a different type of HRT?

Taz x

Ju Ju

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 08:09:24 AM »

One of the things I am sooooo glad to have said goodbye to is the PMT rages! The only time I would row with my husband and been absolutely horrible to my children was that time of the month. Another part of me used to stand back and watch with horror. When I was feeling better I would apologise and I explained what was going on and it was not about them or our relationship. My children say it didn't worry them. Mum would get better soon. Can you get in contact with your fiancé? Apologise, explain what is going on and that this will pass and that this is not about your relationship ( assuming there are no underlying issues ). It is not who you really are.

libby1

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 11:41:58 AM »

Sage has helped me, still get mood swings but not quite so dramatic  ::)

Libby
x

Night_Owl

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 12:05:52 PM »

Hi Twinkle

What you're describing, the awful rages etc etc may be due to progesterone intolerance, in which case the Mirena may not be suitable for you, plus the supply is constant - as Taz says, it can take a while to settle down - as you're getting married shortly I should imagine you'll be wanting to get sorted pronto.

The Levonorgestrel in the Mirena may not agree with you.

Maybe do a search on here for Mirena - and see what others have said. 

If you're seeing the gynae next Monday, maybe stress how the Mirena is reacting in your system and that you don't want it to ruin your wedding.  Some women have had it taken out after a short period of time.

(I have prog intolerance have been the spectrum of available progesterones -   refused the Mirena - can only take prog (Utrogestan) on long cycle, even then it still doesn't agree.)

Good luck with it.

Night_Owl
x

Londongirl

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 12:07:15 PM »

Hi Twinkle

I have been the same, in fact been a complete nasty person to my darling bf who has put up with what we call my menopausal/hormonal hissy fits and I also found I just couldn't stop myself and kept going and going in this horrid fiery rage and nothing would appease me at all.................. 

I tried various forms of HRT and the one that seems to be the most suitable for me is the ultra low dose Femoston (I am post meno though.......)

I was bad enough before HRT but did find that whilst the HRT stopped the flushes etc, it did bring on bleeding and mood swings (pretty bad ones too), depression but am now going back on this low dose one.

I did find that all the gp's in my surgery seemed quick to prescribe Elleste........... one gp didn't want to give me Femoston and tried to convince me they are the same (this is where I am grateful for this site...........).  I damn well know they are not but she lied, said they are and then admitted that she is more or less recommended to give me Elleste....................... because it is cheaper............

So you may want to ask your gp why she prescribed this one in particular? 

I am afraid though it may be a case of trial and error but with HRT or you need something else, a gel, a patch........... there are ladies on here that can advise you better then me on that.

Hang on in there and if I was you I would contact your lovely man and explain that these meds have sent you extremely hormonal and that this period is not going to be an easy one but to reassure him it's not permanent and in fact it's your hormones doing it, not you. 

My poor bf nearly gave up on me to be honest.  He honestly thought I may be psychotic or something else but stayed with me and today I have, finally, after a long time, reverted back to what I hope is the fairly normal person I was before my hormones started sky diving!

Take care and good luck
Londongirl