Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Mother's Day  (Read 7458 times)

dulciana

Mother's Day
« on: March 30, 2014, 02:03:30 PM »

My daughter's Mother's Day card hasn't yet arrived  ???, but she's also emailed me what she's called "mother's day fluffiies", i.e. pictures of little fluffy kittens, because she knows I love them.   She lives a long way from us, but this sort of thing brings us closer together.    :) :cat88:

How's anybody else's Mother's Day been so far?

libby1

Re: Mother's Day
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 02:22:07 PM »

Cooking all day  :-\

Libby
x

dulciana

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 02:29:54 PM »

Something nice, hopefully, Libby1 !

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 02:55:42 PM »

Had lunch & son's with wee glass of red.  :drunk:
Got flowers & stuff from Molton Brown.

libby1

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 03:01:26 PM »

Roast beef with all the trimmings and raspberry and blackberry pavlova, now feel full and sleepy  ::)

Libby
x

Ju Ju

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 07:07:39 PM »

I was given a homemade card by my artist daughter and one from my little grandson, who loves drawing, though I think everything he draws is a tractor! My son face timed me and my daughter in law rang. My son had forgotten, but as I said no problem. I know he loves and cares about me.

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 08:41:53 PM »

I've had a really nice day - doesn't always work out like that on Mothers Day. I've seen all of my sons. Went to the pub with one of them and sat in the garden for a couple of hours then picked up another of them from the station. Then off for a walk at a local lake which was lovely and then back home for a tea, just as the last one finished work, of cold meats and salad and jacket spuds washed down with champagne. I had flowers, chocolates, balloons, teddy bear, candle and cards. All in all a good day although I do miss my own mum SO much.

Taz x

Rowan

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 11:59:07 AM »

I miss mine too Taz.

Scampi

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 12:25:48 PM »

I miss my Mum - there's a lady who looks like her, lives in her house and has her name, but she isn't 'my Mum', and I miss the person she used to be so much.

honeybun

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 12:30:56 PM »

Reading your post Scampi made me think back to what my mum used to be like many years ago. I do miss that person.
Sometimes it would be nice to have a mum again.

She can't help it, I do know that, but I know in the future I will have to try really hard to remember the good times. It makes me feel guilty and sad. :-\

Honeyb
x

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2014, 03:56:12 PM »

When you no longer have your mum, Honeyb, the good  memories will return. It took around two years for me to forget the dementia days and remember her how she used to be and now all my memories are happy ones.

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2014, 05:49:56 PM »

I am glad to hear that Taz. I don't want my memories to be stuck as they are now.
Still want to have her around as long as I can even though she does drive me nuts  ;D

Honeyb
x