Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Menopace - any good?  (Read 6527 times)

GypsyRoseLee

Menopace - any good?
« on: April 11, 2014, 08:55:19 AM »

By far the worst symptom of my peri-meno is the mood swings and anxiety. At the moment I'm weaning myself off my anti-ds because I want to be cured, not just given tablets to mask my symptoms. I have been charting my cycle for the last 3 months and I know my mood and anxiety are closely linked to my cycle. Waiting results of blood test to see if my GP will recommend HRT.

Tried to buy Menolieve yesterday, but Boots no longer stock it. Bought Menopace instead, but not sure it will help with the mood swings and anxiety?

carrs

Re: Menopace - any good?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 09:21:39 AM »

Hi gypsy

It's certainly a good idea to keep a diary to see if the way you are feeling is hormone related.

I doubt if menopace will help much with mood. I know there is a relationship between diet and mood and the vitamins in menopace may help a little to promote mental and physical wellbeing, which is why I take them, but all these things are debatable, and not everyone agrees that they are necessary.

Why do you need a blood test to check for menopause? This is normally only done if you are way below the usual menopause age.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 09:34:37 AM »

I am 43, so my GP thinks I'm a little young to be going through menopause. But both my Mum and Auntie went through it in their late 30s, so it's not surprising if I'm doing the same. For the last few months I only really feel good and okay for about one week per month, around the time I ovulate.

My GP acknowledge that blood results can be inconclusive, and he might have to make a clinical diagnosis instead based on my past history and current symptoms. To me it now seems blindingly obvious - further confirmed by me getting very hot and sweating in my car yesterday, even with air-con on high.

I have already been taking Magnesium OK for the past month, and it seems to contain almost the same as Menopace? Not sure if I should take both to be honest.

Wombat

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 07:38:08 PM »

Hi ladies

I have been using magnesium oil sprayed on at night and rinsed off after 20 minutes, may just be a placebo effect, but seems to be helping - especially with sleep which in itself helps with the mood swings !

Wombat x

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 09:31:39 AM »

Why do you rinse off the spray.

I have been thinking about it because of restless legs at night but I did not know you had to rinse  :-\

Honeyb
x

Wombat

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 10:48:22 PM »

Hi Honey b

The instructions say to rinse if you get a stinging / tingling sensation when you apply it until you get used to it.....or you can mix it with body lotion. Now I tend to put my body lotion on and then spray and don't rinse ....

Hope it helps with the restless legs  :)

Wombat x

claude66

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 02:14:48 PM »

I found them absolutely useless. Sorry! took them for about 2 months before succumbing to HRT and made no difference

Sarah2

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 04:02:56 PM »

To be honest, looking at the ingredients ( which are on the manufacturer's site) Menopace is a pretty 'standard' vitamin and mineral tablet, with the addition of 20mg soya and quite high Vitamin B ( 9 times the RDA) and Vit B is known to help with stress. I really believe that anyone eating a good diet doesn't need these products and if you want soya then soya yoghurt would give you the phytoestrogens.  But- each to their own- it won't do any harm.