Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Femseven Conti Patches ?  (Read 17549 times)

Shazzie

Re: Femseven Conti Patches ?
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2014, 11:37:01 AM »

Sharon,

Are you taking Magnesium supplement before you go to bed?

I take 300mg Magnesium that I bought from Asda and since I have been taking them my palpitations have stopped.  If you look on google it says that Magnesium helps palpitations.

Shazzie xx

sharon1958

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2014, 05:48:08 PM »

Thanks Shazzie - I'll look into it. Have just started to take Menopace which has some magnesium in it but no where near as much as 300mg. Willing to give anything a go at the moment. Will let you know how things go.

Sharon

Shazzie

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2014, 04:47:23 PM »

Yes I take the Menopace too.

The Magnesium is brilliant.  Helps with lots of things.  Helps with sleep too.

Let me know how you get on.

xxxx

Butterfly22

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 09:14:53 AM »

Ive just been given these patches and picking up today (i hope) after a nightmare couple of years looking for a hrt, so i hope they are not hard to get and hope they suit me as at the end of my tether x

Butterfly22

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 02:13:45 PM »

Just an update, boots have tried several of there stores for the patches and can not get them, they called the manufacture and apparently they have not had any since January and can not give a date when will be back in.
x

sharon1958

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2014, 02:14:15 PM »

I spoke to Teva again this morning (the manufacturer) and they said it will be a long time now until they're back in stock and they are advising current users to go back to their GP for something else  :(

Taz2

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2014, 09:33:37 PM »

I hadn't heard this - very worrying. I thought that the manufacturer was Merck and the distributor was Teva - maybe they have changed it though. There seems to be nothing mentioned at all on the internet about this and normally it shows up in one of the drug shortages lists. It's so annoying as changing to something else isn't always easy.

Taz x

sharon1958

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2014, 09:35:18 AM »

Teva took over from Merck Serono in 2012 (so they tell me) for Femseven products. The thing is that they haven't said that it's been discontinued and can't say when it will be back in - no explanation at all as to why there is a problem getting it - very frustrating to say the least as I was really happy with it and have never taken HRT by tablet form until now. Will have no choice but to start with the Femiston or possibly estrogen patches with progesteron in tab form :( Let me know how you get on taz.

roseandthorn

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2014, 09:03:38 AM »

It's a bit of a relief to read something about this. I am having to use everol conti because of the femseven conti supply problem too. Definitely noticed worse headaches. My pharmacist is being really helpful but no news about supply as yet, except to say it's not discontinued. I have asked the GP to keep the femseven on my prescription list ( I renew on line at our practice ) for when it comes back in to supply. It's weird there's nothing on the internet about it. Has any one heard anything else?

Hurdity

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2014, 05:18:55 PM »

Thanks again Hurdity - I found a pack of 4 Femseven Conti in my drawer which I'm taking in the meantime so haven't started the Femoston just yet. I actually think the Evorel Conti suited me better to be honest but they caused breakthrough bleeding - would that be because they are stronger than Femseven? I thought all Conti type HRT's shouldn't cause a bleed.

Sharon

Hi sharon - been off the forum for a while. Yes you're right conti HRT should not cause a bleed but individuals vary in how they react to the different types.  Both Femseven and Evorel conti have 50 mcg oestrogen but have different progestogens so it could well be that this could be affecting you differently with Evorel? Norethisterone (in Evorel) is a powerful progestogen for thinning the lining so this could have something to do with it.

Hurdity x

Pages: 1 [2]