Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Back Spasms  (Read 3987 times)

donnarob

Back Spasms
« on: March 26, 2014, 05:08:28 PM »

Hello There

Just wondered if anyone had encountered excrutiating back spasms which seem to hit at the same time each month?  I have gone 20 months without a period and the joint pains seem to be getting worse.  I am taking Omega 3 fish oil caps, vitmain E and Efamol.  When I get these awful back niggles, I am also aware of being bloated, breast tenderness and shooting pains down my legs.  It's almost like I'm having a cycle but no blood.

I feel so alone and fed up with all of this, I will be 55 in July.

Donnarob.

Jane44

Re: Back Spasms
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 06:20:06 PM »

Hi there poor you do you think your hormones are dancing again. I just spoke to my 61 year old pushing and she described a similar feeling her GP just laughed and said oh your well past that !!! I am sure we get surges that cause these symptoms.
Hang in there and see what other six say x

Rowan

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 06:51:41 PM »

They are called phantom periods and quite common.

http://uk.ask.com/question/what-is-a-phantom-period-during-menopause

donnarob

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 12:20:16 PM »

Hi Silver Lady and Jane 44.

I am aware of phantom periods which usually strike the same time of the month my 19 year old menstuates!   It's like my body is honing into her hormones!   She is off to uni in Sept so maybe things will settle down when there's no other females in the house!

I can cope with night sweats and the occasional hot flush, but the aches and pains really get me down.  I used to walk for miles with my 2 collies and now I find walking painful as my joints all hurt and the back is so twingy. 

Does anyone have any idea how long these symptoms are likely to go on for, or how long is a piece of string? 

I live in Norway so feeling a bit isolated.

positivethoughts

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 10:55:28 AM »

Hi donnarob

I too have been having what sound like similar symptoms to yours. I have a 15yr old and it does feel as though my aches and pains get worse when hers do. I'm getting back pain, particularly lower back like period pains, and low down in my abdomen in my womb area and a bit either side at times. But no bleeding. I have been exercising regularly and trying to keep healthy whilst also suffering various other early meno symptoms. I'm 50 and was taking the mini pill until mid-Feb so I have been wondering if this is causing the pains, my body responding to having come off the pill, and also me in the peri-menopause. Doesn't feel good. I hope the pains go soon for both of us.  :)

donnarob

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 11:31:38 AM »

Hi Positive Thoughts

I don't understand how some women just seem to sail through the menopause and maybe they are just so busy and put up with the symptoms, not realising they are going through the menopause? 

What gets me down is my aches and pains are preventing me from doing ordinary everyday things like walking the dogs or general housework.  In my case, the symptoms have definitely got worse in the past year and I'm hoping this will soon end!

:)