Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: HRT following Novasure Ablation  (Read 5475 times)

FlapsFlo

HRT following Novasure Ablation
« on: March 27, 2014, 05:20:33 PM »

I'm an HRT/Forum newbie... just started Elleste Duo 1Mg yesterday after having probably 12 months of symptoms - anxiety, fatigue, night sweats, brain fog, etc.  I say probably because I am also borderline hypothyroid which has very similar symptoms.
Anyhoo, I haven't had a hormone test to find out if I am actually perimenopausal as my doctor says the test isn't accurate.  I haven't had a period for 2 years due to an ablation done 2 years ago.  I guess what I'm wondering is:
Does the ablation affect a change in hormones?
Will I now get a bleed being on Elleste Duo, despite the ablation?
How long before I might start to feel 'human' again (and how longs the piece of string, I know!)

Thanks all

Galadriel

Re: HRT following Novasure Ablation
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 05:44:07 PM »

Hi FlapsFlo  :welcomemm:

I wondered the same thing after my ablation 2 years ago and started HRT last year. My periods are really light, no more than 3 mini tampons a day for two days.

The good news is that taking HRT has not made any difference to my periods so I hope it's the same for you  :)

Galadriel x

FlapsFlo

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 06:00:45 PM »

Thanks Galadriel.
Feeling human again far outweighs the rotton-ness of having periods again - although I might edit that comment once I get 'em!!

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 07:48:19 PM »

If you have not had a period for 2 years then you could well be post menopausal and could use a conti HRT. That would mean no periods.

Can I ask how old you are as this does have a bearing on whether you can use sequi or conti HRT.

Honeyb
x

FlapsFlo

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 09:23:32 AM »

Hi Honeybun

I'm 47.  I asked my Doctor and she said that an ablation doesn't take away periods forever; they can always come back at any time.  For some, the ablation doesn't even work.  My periods had been become infrequent about 3 years ago, but I put it down to stress (as you do!)  I had the ablation done 2 years ago and for me, it took away painful, irregular periods.  But the symptoms of what would appear to be menopause have been disturbing my life for the last year - irrationally anxious, irrationally irrational, low energy, probs sleeping, night sweats etc..

Guess I just got to wait and see.

FlapsFlo x