Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Appointment waiting times  (Read 6973 times)

Joyce

Appointment waiting times
« on: March 27, 2014, 02:47:27 PM »

Last appointment at meno clinic May 2013, next one due May 2014. Just got letter in to say it will now be May 2015!  Phoned to see if there had been a mistake, but no. Consultant now has meeting on the day of this year's appointment and there is nobody who can take over her clinic. There are too few doctors.  So now have to rely on inconsistent GPs. Or if I'm really struggling get GP to get me another referral.????? How does that work? If there are insufficient doctors at hospital, how will a letter from GP make any difference?

Limpy

Re: Appointment waiting times
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 04:31:44 PM »

Give them a another ring CG, it doesn't seem reasonable to have to wait a year,
just because they can't sort their calendars  / diaries out. You were given the appointment you need it. Ask when she would be available - before 2015   ::)

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 05:09:47 PM »

I did Limpy, her appointment diary is full until May 2015. They thought there might be one in November, but it had already been taken. DD has said it's fairly typical of NHS at the moment Took so long to get meno clinic referral in the first place. First one was Spring 2012. Let's just hope I manage to cope as well as I can for the next year.

Limpy

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 06:34:13 PM »

That's rotten CG.
Do they have such a thing as a standby list, like the airlines?
Whatever happens it's not relaxing, none of us need that.
Have a hug, sorry it's all I can do.

:hug:

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 08:56:25 PM »

Say that I can keep phoning for a cancellation. If I get bad enough, I will. However, think I'll just stick with inconsistent GP. If he/she thinks I need to be seen I'll let them contact hospital. Probably stand better chance then me anyway. Heaven help folk far worse than me.

Wombat

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 09:01:19 PM »

Crazy times, let's hope she doesn't have the same appointment next year when your due to go !!!!

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 10:21:41 PM »

Hardly good advert for NHS waiting times is it?

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 10:52:13 PM »

It certainly is not. It borders on the ridiculous. If you go back to the GP and ask for another referral then do you not have to be sent an appointment within twelve weeks.

Honeyb
x

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 11:12:43 PM »

Not sure if it would work that way or not HB, considering I've already had a referral. Not going to make a pest of myself over it. There are those far worse off than me. Although it would have been good to get seen next month, she listens to me unlike GPs. Will maybe see if I can see GP who referred me in first place, kind of know her. Her kids went to nursery I worked at, but don't want her thinking I'm wanting special favours as that could be awkward.

Galadriel

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 02:11:43 PM »

That waiting time just sucks CG!! (notice I have got my polite head on ;) )

What it shows is just how much the clinic is needed and how over-subscribed they are!

Joyce

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 03:51:48 PM »

Doesn't it just. Once they've got you in the system it's pants. OK it may be up to18 weeks initially, but after that it's just luck. Not good enough. The admin girl was really nice, not her fault as she's only doing her job. Clinic is only held once a week, as far as I know, but not sure how much time they allocate to it. 

lancashirelass

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2014, 01:58:27 PM »

i bet she could fit you in private before then though

Joyce

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2014, 03:11:16 PM »

More than likely. But I'm not going down that road. I'll cope, just ¶|$$€∆ off.  :(