Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: New Member with lower abdomen aches and pains.  (Read 2502 times)

positivethoughts

New Member with lower abdomen aches and pains.
« on: March 27, 2014, 04:03:25 PM »

Hi to everyone, this is my first post!

I'm 50, have had an fsh blood test which showed I am perimenopausal. I've been having symptoms galore for ages, night sweats, dizziness, pmt, itchy skin, bloating, lumpy boobs, urinary problems and many more.

I was on the pill Cerazette for years and decided to stop taking it on 10th Feb to see where I was with my periods. I have had no bleeding since then. I was expecting to have a bleed when I stopped the pill. For the past few days I have had bad pains in my lower abdomen/womb area, also back pain. It feels like the period pains I used to get years ago. I also had a stringy transparent discharge like ovulation a few days ago.

Has anyone else come off the mini pill at this stage? The pains are bad and the doctor said its not a urine infection and took an internal swab so am waiting to hear about that. Not pregnant either the doc tested for that too, and we're using condoms. I'm hoping/guessing it's period pains without the period, or just leading up to a period following coming off the pill.

Does anyone have any ideas? I am really not liking the menopause so far!

:'( x

Joyce

Re: New Member with lower abdomen aches and pains.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 05:16:57 PM »

Hi there. Not had this experience myself, but others have complained of similar. Sure someone will pop by soon to reassure you.

Check out the menus on the left, lots there. Funnies section good too. We all need a good laugh from time to time. In fact some of us thrive on wind ups.  ;D

positivethoughts

Re: New Member with lower abdomen aches and pains.
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 08:16:55 PM »

Hi cubagirl. Thank you, it will be good to know if there is anyone with similar symptoms. It's worrying when it's all new and I don't know what to expect and whether what I'm experiencing is 'normal'.

Will look at the menus on the left too and the funnies!