Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Another HRT patch question sorry :)  (Read 3916 times)

bev567901

Another HRT patch question sorry :)
« on: March 26, 2014, 08:55:38 AM »

Sorry I have another Hrt patch question & I know someone here will know the answer. I have just finished my first 4 patches of evorel sequi. Just looking at my next 4 patches which I know are different & it says evorel conti on them. I thought sequi & conti where two different types of hrt & you got prescribed either/or. So it seems if you have sequi you get conti too so what do you get if you are prescribed conti? Bit confused maybe I have got it all wrong but I am sure the GP said if I don't suit sequi I could try conti. Thank you xx

honeybun

Re: Another HRT patch question sorry :)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 09:39:03 AM »

Did they come out of the same box bev. Sorry bit confused. If you are on sequi then they should not mention conti at all. Your first two patches are oestrogen only then the next two have progesterone in them but nowhere on the packet should it say conti.

Honeyb
x
Just had a look at mine...they are conti. It says this on the outside of the box and also on each individual patch packet.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 09:40:47 AM by honeybun »

Dandelion

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 09:48:04 AM »

Conti is for post menopausal women.

When I first went on HRT, they gave me conti by mistake, when I should have had sequi.
Sequi if for women who still have their womb and are perimenopausal.

Hope that helps.

bev567901

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 09:48:27 AM »

Thanks for replying HB. The box says Evorel sequi as did the script. There are 4 patches of Evorel 50 (estradiol hemihydrate) which I have just completed. The next 4 patches say Evorel Conti (estradiol hemihydrate/norethisterone acetate.)  Might go & open my next box but the sticker on the box says this is what should be in it. Am I confused???  B x

Mini2005

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 01:16:11 PM »

I have been on Evorel Sequi for a few months.  The patches that are just the estrogen say on them Evorel 50 and the patches with the progesterone in them do say Evorel Conti on them.  It's the combination of the different patches that makes them Sequi.  It's perfectly fine.

bev567901

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 02:05:15 PM »

Oh thank you Mini. I thought sequi & conti where two
Completely different types so to see the conti in the box it puzzled me. I don't know much about hrt really. How have you got on with them? I have had nausea & headaches & feel a bit hyper in a bad sort of way, a bit unstable maybe? I am going to tough it out though. I feel cold though first time in ages, the heating may be back on soon! I didn't expect an instant effect but sort of hoped it could be a miracle & Wonder Woman would be back. House is very clean though as trying to keep busy due to the nausea  :) xx

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 03:47:49 PM »

I found an old box of sequi but all the patches say sequi on them. They must have changed the way they label them. I have new type packaging for my conti too.

Sorry you are feeling under the weather. I always feel hyper and sick on too much oestrogen. You could cut your patch in half and build up gradually until your system gets used to it. That may well help the way you are feeling now.

Honeyb
x

peri

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 05:45:40 PM »

Hi Bev, mine say evorel 50 and then evorel conti too, so I'm on the same one as you. I felt really good on the first patches (the oestrogen), but not as good on the conti (the progesterone). I'm now into my second month and am trying to stick with it as all the advise is it takes 3 months for your body to get used to a new regime x

bev567901

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 06:12:45 PM »

Good idea re cutting the patch in half. It's hard to predict as we are all different how it works from one person to another. You would think the second phase would be better as progesterone is supposed to be calming but I have read a few negative reports on the second part. I still can't get my head around how a patch can work but I guess it's kinder to us than tablets. I will persevere & be thankful I have them. B. X

flossie fiddler

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 10:13:30 PM »

Hi Bev, yes, I'm on Sequi too, and the first 4 patches are Evorel 50 and the second 4 Evorel Conti. I'm still on my first box, on second patch of Conti. I felt on top of the world on the 50, within 12 hours of starting them noticed a big improvement in symptoms. Felt able to cope with anything.

Now I'm on the Conti, I feel a little bit anxious and stressed, and have had a couple of areas of joint pain, but nothing bad compared to how I was without HRT. The big thing for me is that I've had no night sweats, and have been sleeping really well. Have had food cravings since starting the Conti, and a slight feeling of cramps, as if a period may start in a day or so.  Going to wait 3 months to allow things to settle.

All in all, so far for me, it's a positive experience.

Mini2005

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 10:57:56 PM »

I feel better now than I have felt in the last 12 months. I was on Femoston 1/10 and then 2/10 which were both fine to start with but my symptoms came back after a while with both of them.  I have been on Evorel Sequi 50 since 2 January and have felt almost myself again.  The only thing I get now is a little bit of anxiety here and there  which I deal with.  I did used to have propanalol but don't need them now, just a bit of Rescue Remedy now and again.  I sleep like a baby and no hot flushes at all.  I am 50 now and hope things stay as they are for a little while before my doc starts nagging for me to try reduce the dose.

peri

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 11:35:20 PM »

Update - just reading everyone's replies and am thinking I might try cutting the conti patch in half and see if that minimises side effects of the progesterone. But I have a question: it says in the hrt menu on the left that norethisterone is a testosterone based progestin - does anyone know if this helps with libido/response as I don't think it's my imagination but mine seems to have improved since I started the evorel and if this is the case I'll stick with it rather than changing to a gentler one. I would be grateful for any advice on this x