Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Spotting following period and prior to next one ugh ! Terror anxiety  (Read 3687 times)

Jane44

Hi Friends have posted before and a still here ! Have had episodes of spotting brown discharge following period for 7 to 10 days then a week clear then starts again sometimes brown watery no fresh blood spotting always old browny stuff not enough to wear a pad minuscule really but scares me death !!!! Had a coil which I think has dropped out well am sure it fell out three months ago . Well plucked up courage to see GP who examined me and said she couldn't feel any swellings or lumps. And thought it was peri  by the way have horrid palpitations, health anxiety, burning mouth awaiting a 24hr ecg had bloods all ok and one minute ecg ok oh and night sweats. The GP said perimenopause but as she couldn't see coil she would send for a scan appt 17/4 so went to family planning on Monday and the DR did Transvaginal scan was ages trying to locate Iud couldn't see it !! Said he wasn't allowed to look at anything like abnormalitys but said you have a small fibroid which to me  looked like it was on posterior wall. I told him about this brown discharge which some months doesn't happen and he said peri !! But sending me for scan as well,  hope that's before the 17/4. When I look back at my history I do remember having a smear 5 years ago and asking the dr if it was normal to have brown discharge after a period for a week and she said yes could be normal for you !! But now in the meno state maybe it's just what happens... I know somebody else posted last week and is being investigated just waiting to see how she gets on. I hope all ok for her. What a roller coaster this is also coping with a teenager with horrific periods when I asked the GP she said you just have to get on with it !!! That was a woman GP too ....

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

:hug:  brownish discharge is within normal limits for many of us.  Probably because the womb doesn't cleanse itself 'normally' as hormone levels drop off.

I had a polyp which bled on contact, this shrivelled at peri-meno and hasn't given any further trouble.

You DO NOT have to 'get on with it'  :bang: …. although this is 'the change' and 'normal' each of us goes through it differently.  There is plenty of advice, menus left of screen; as well as doing a search here to see what others go through.

Your teen could go on the Pill to settle her periods, that's what I had to do.  Pain++, tearfulness, lethargy, clotting …….

westie

Hi Jane

What you are describing is exactly what happened to me for about two years before my periods stopped altogether . Yes it does freak you out a bit especially if you have been regular as clockwork as I had been. I got used to it though and accepted it was all part of the meno journey- just didn't leave the house without some form of 'equipment' in case I got caught short!!

Hope that helps

W x

Jane44

Thanks Westie and CkLD it realt helps to hear your thoughts thank you so much will keep you posted x

Smokey

Hi Jane

Just to put your mind at rest,I'm going through peri meno and this is what happened to me together with ms makes it stressful at times.
I am on HRT and have been for about three years I get a bleed same time every month then suddenly had brown spotting on and off then red spotting then back to normal again then I had two periods in two months running not to heavy about normal of me.  Went to docs had blood test was anemic! It wasn't my normal doc I saw that day as couldn't get appointment with her as she's so poplar anyway this doctor I saw sent me for all sorts of tests thankfully I had them all done in a six week period, I had uterus scan hip and pelvis scan and internal camera, then a couple of weeks later enigma bowl scan had to have laxatives and tube up bottom to blow you up with air and scanned whilst inflated! A couple of weeks later saw consultant at hospital and worried me to death saying I don't why your anemic as every thing came back clear so sent me for a complete body scan! Another nervous wait but again all normal! And I've now got a print out too ya!  Now I hear you inking why am I'm anemic then well my Mum says she was always anemic on and off for no reason too, basically it could be all down to meno and also after googling its quite common for people to be anemic if they have ms!

All that stress and worry! I just wish all the doctors/consultants etc could get together and conferr why we have to find these things out for our self is ridiculous

All said and done the staff at our hospital were brilliant and very supportive when doing tests, so I'm grateful for that .

Menopause cases lots of problems for us women and sometimes these problems are just normal for us.

Sorry for going on for so long but just wanted to make you feel better!
The worrying bit is a meno symptom too.

Take care x

Smokey

Jane44

HI Smokey
How kind of you to write your experience ... Yes it's all rather stressful and I hate Drs and always try and rationalise things but sometimes you just have to go through all these scans etc to put your mind at rest. I am so glad everything was ok did they put it down to hormone imbalance. My Gp thinks that's the cause but waiting for another scan. Oh you poor thing having MS as well it's horrid my best friend has the same and struggles at time. So glad your on HRT hope that you don't have to suffer too much with Peri as well as putting up with MS it gets all too much
Keep posting and thank you