Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Urination-possibly related to meno, not sure  (Read 8146 times)

Dandelion

Urination-possibly related to meno, not sure
« on: March 26, 2014, 11:44:06 AM »

For the last two or three years, when I go for a wee, there has been changes in the way the urine comes out.

I'll explain. I always used to go to the loo and have a wee, straight from urethra into the toilet.

In the last few years, I am finding that, instead of the urine just coming out as normal, it first trickles over my buttocks or upper thighs, so that I have to use wipes on my buttocks/thighs otherwise I would soon smell of wee.

There is nothing wrong with the urine itself. It's not infected, or smelly, or any other problem, it's just choosing to trickle over my thighs/buttocks before hitting the bowl.

My nether regions have not changed shape or anything, so I am puzzled why my urine wants to trickle down my bottocks or thighs before the loo.

Does any one know what causes this?
I'm beginning to begrudge using wipes or washing when I run out of wipes, as I feel that skin that has had urine on it, needs wipes or washing to avoid that pi$$y smell. :)

Has anyone else had this.

Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Urination-possibly related to meno, not sure
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 12:53:46 PM »

Hormones?  I have had this happen occasionally.  Probably the muscle is lax …….. do you put cream on after using the wipes to keep the skin supple?

Dandelion

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 01:06:51 PM »

Hormones?  I have had this happen occasionally.  Probably the muscle is lax …….. do you put cream on after using the wipes to keep the skin supple?
Hi CKLD :)
No, I've never had problems with dryness or shrivelled up-ness down there, so never thought to.
I think the wipes may have a moisturiser in them, I dunno, they're baby wipes so shouldnt be too harsh.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 01:08:25 PM »

I remember urine dribbling down my buttocks  ::) ……… I will make note to see if, now that I use the pessaries regularly, this has stopped …… I honestly can't remember  :-\

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 03:50:38 PM »

Could you have a small prolapse. Might be worth getting checked out. If something is protruding into the vagina then it can interfere with the flow of urine I think.

Honeyb
x

Dandelion

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 04:33:02 PM »

Could you have a small prolapse. Might be worth getting checked out. If something is protruding into the vagina then it can interfere with the flow of urine I think.

Honeyb
x
Hi Honeyb

I don't have a prolapse.
I never had kids.
I still look pretty young down there, so shrivelled or saggy bits.
It's more the stream of urnie thats the problem.
It doesn't happen everytime.
sometimes it just comes out in a stream till done, but other times, for some reason, it's like the stream of urine likes to trickle around my bum and thighs before finally making it's exit.
The stream is still normal though.

Thanks

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 05:16:26 PM »

I can't feel urine leaving my body, it's only when the noise stops that I am aware that I've finished  ::)

Dandelion

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 05:20:56 PM »

I can't feel urine leaving my body, it's only when the noise stops that I am aware that I've finished  ::)
That sounds bad.

I can feel urine leaving my body normally, it's just that the abnormality starts when the wee chooses a different course of direction other than the loo.
It can be difficult if I am outside, I always have to remember to take wipes.

Thanks

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 06:53:09 PM »

Sounds like a slight prolapse to me Dandelion. All women can get them whether you have had children or not. Either the bladder, bowel or womb can sag and bulge into the vagina which causes the urine to be diverted into a different direction. It can also be caused by changes in the urethra I believe.

Taz  x

Dandelion

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 07:24:27 PM »

Sounds like a slight prolapse to me Dandelion. All women can get them whether you have had children or not. Either the bladder, bowel or womb can sag and bulge into the vagina which causes the urine to be diverted into a different direction. It can also be caused by changes in the urethra I believe.

Taz  x
OH no, scary.
Does this mean my guts are going to drop out :)
I had a smear last year and the nurse didnt notice anything.
Also,I dont feel as if anything is falling out.
IF I lose weight will it go back to normal?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 07:27:18 PM by Dandelion »

ariadne

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 07:30:43 PM »

I have a small prolapse too. When I mentioned it to a doctor during an internal examination, she said it was so common that she wouldn't even have pointed it out to me.

Ariadne xx

Dandelion

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 07:32:45 PM »

OOOhh noo I don't want a prolapse.
I'm only 47.
I feel like my body is changing really quickly and I cannot keep up with it.

:(

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2014, 07:47:53 PM »

I haven't a prolapse and get this problem occasionally …….

honeybun

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2014, 08:12:53 PM »

Have you been checked for a prolapse.
As Taz says you don't have to have had children for this to happen. I had three C sections so in theory I should have no problems but I do. I don't have the wee problems but in the mornings I have an uncomfortable sensation until I go to the loo so I know something is not quite right.
Get yourself checked out as there could be something not quite right.

Honeyb
x

Witches Cat

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2014, 04:21:09 PM »

This may seem a silly thing to say... but have you thought, maybe in your haste to get to the loo you are just sat on it a little differently, knees close together means everything else is as well and skin touching together is going to mean that fluid will flow along this line, spread your cheeks a bit and part your knees, see if that helps.... if not... sorry for even suggesting it..  ;)
Pages: [1] 2