Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Evorel Sequi Patches 4 weeks no period !  (Read 22073 times)

Angel62

Evorel Sequi Patches 4 weeks no period !
« on: March 23, 2014, 03:00:47 PM »

Ive been on Evorel Sequi patches for a month but not had any periods or spotting ! info on box says i am supposed to have a period by end of week 4  ??? ,im due to start a new box tomorow ! has anybody else had this problem with these patches ?

honeybun

Re: Evorel Sequi Patches 4 weeks no period !
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 04:06:55 PM »

I was always well into the new box before I had a bleed. Some months I had nothing at all.
Don't worry if you are a little late as we are all different. A small proportion of women never have a bleed on sequi patches at all.

Honeyb
x

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 04:09:09 PM »

With sequi patches your bleed is normally after you begin the new box of patches because it is usually when you stop the progesterone which is contained in the second two weeks of patches that triggers a bleed. Mine used to start about three days into the new box. Hope this helps.

Taz x

Angel62

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 06:32:48 PM »

I Start new pack tomorrow so will have to wait and see if i get one ! according to the leaflet in the pack it says i should have had a period by end of week 4 before starting a new pack ! would be great if i did`nt get any all all tho  :)

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 08:04:17 PM »

I've just checked the leaflet in my old box of patches and I can see what you mean. However, in my opinion, this is wrong because how can they call it a withdrawal bleed if nothing has yet been withdrawn? The withdrawal relates to the progesterone element which is only "withdrawn" once you start the new pack and use only the oestrogen containing patches. Not sure what others think? It is here under How Evorel Sequi works file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/fwel/My%20Documents/Downloads/PIL.2918.14.pdf  (might not work)

It is better to get a bleed to be honest to prevent your womb lining building up. How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

Taz x

Angel62

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 08:17:14 PM »

Hi Taz
im 51 ,your probably right about the bleed ! think the instructions just dont explain it very well !

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 08:33:00 PM »

You'll probably be able to go onto conti before too long. Some say 54 but I know that Honeybun was able to go onto it earlier than that.

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 08:57:16 PM »

Yes I went onto a conti nearly two years ago. I had been quite happy on the sequi for about 2 1/2 years but then I was getting cramping and spotting so my GP said it was time for a change. I was unsure she had got this right so I checked with Dr Currie and she said it was fine. I was 52 at that point.

I do agree with Taz. How can it be a withdrawal bleed if you have not withdrawn the progesterone. As I said I could be a week into the new month before I had a bleed.

Honeyb
x

Angel62

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 10:52:54 AM »

i was on Elleste Duet 2 mg tablets for a couple of years but i suffer bad migraines ! so decided to try patches after 2 months of taking nothing ! the hot flushes were terrible but migraines improved :-) not sure if Conti would be any good for me as a migraine sufferer ? would that mean no periods ?

bev567901

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 03:41:59 PM »

I cannot help with your question but I am 3 patches in & have had really bad headaches & nausea. Is this common & will it go. I will be able to answer your question in a couple of weeks though. How nice no period as long as it doesn't make you feel off if you need to have one. B x

Suzyq

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 06:07:23 PM »

Bev I'm on estradot patches but had headaches and nausea and palps when I started or increased dose - they did go in a few days excep where initially doc increased my dose too high too quickly! After a week of that I cut down and increased more slowly.

bev567901

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 10:46:18 PM »

Thanks Suzy Q I am not sure what the difference is with your hrt but I guess hormones generally make these side effects, I am giving it the full 3 mths though not giving in unless things get very bad.  xx