Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Levels before staring HRT  (Read 1611 times)

Chi chi

Levels before staring HRT
« on: August 21, 2015, 02:54:35 PM »

I'm just trying to work out if my levels before starting HRT are considered "normal"?
I had been off the birth control pill for 6 weeks when I had my first lot of tests and had also started my first bleed (since being off the pill) on the day of the tests, my results were

Oestradiol 125
Testosterone 0.4 range was 0-1.8

The ranges for Oestradiol were
Follicular 46-607
Mid Cycle 315-1828
Luteal 161-774
Post Meno < 201

Going by the phases I.e. Period, follicular, ovulation and then Luteal I can't figure out where to compare my result?

Can anyone help?

Briony

Re: Levels before staring HRT
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 04:11:11 PM »

Im not sure how long the hormones from the pill will stay in your body? I know my Oestradiol at the start of my period was 41, which was not considered normal (age 43) but I am not sure how much higher it needed to be to be normal, if that makes sense? Hopefully someone with more of an idea than me will be along soon! x

Hurdity

Re: Levels before staring HRT
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 04:47:19 PM »

Hi there - I'm not sure either about how long hormones from the pill stay in the system but if it was say Day 3 of your period then that is the follicular phase when oestrogen levels are low and rising. The nearer you get to ovulation the higher they should be ( ie the mid-cycle range).  It looks from this that the results (for that particular test at that particular time) were in the normal range. However I really don't know how to interpret any of this - in terms of whether your result is generally seen as low by gynaecologists so if your gynae says it was then it was! Sorry I can't help any more!

Hurdity x