Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Where to stick your patch?  (Read 3245 times)

bev567901

Where to stick your patch?
« on: March 24, 2014, 11:12:51 PM »

Just a quicky I have started on Evorel Sequi patches (third one) the doc said to stick it at the top of my arm but the packet said below the waist so done it at top of leg. Just wondering now if she said the arm for a good reason as I don't see her for a while to re ask.
Also blame meno brain but I was a day late with my second patch, was convinced change over day was a Thursday when it is a Wednesday! Doh. Weds, Sun, Weds, Sun. My daughter who is a nurse says they write on the morphine patches at work to make sure they get changed. Maybe I should have a patch shapped tattoo outline done on either side of me saying Weds/Sun! xx

honeybun

Re: Where to stick your patch?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 11:20:39 PM »

Always stick them below the waist. Doctor got it wrong.

I go for the hip area away from knicker line but never on your arm.

A day late does not really matter as one patch does three days and the other four so there is enough to last. Just change on your usual day though to get into a routine.

Honeyb
x

bev567901

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 09:22:16 AM »

Thank you Honey B. I am going to stick it out but have really bad headaches & nausea. I also feel a little hyper not in a good way. The house is immaculate I seem to be on a mission. It's a bit like pmt but not in the normal way. I am going to count to 10 before I say stuff, it's a bit like being unhinged at times can't explain it. Xx

flossie fiddler

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 10:17:00 PM »

I know where you're coming from with the count to ten thing. I've been a little less tolerant since starting on the Conti part of my Sequi patches.

I have been sticking mine on thighs and buttocks.

Mudster

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 11:40:59 PM »

Ive just started mine - will be a full week on Thurs :)  Doctor also told me I could stick them on my shoulder blade etc but reading the pack it said not to!

So like you I am just putting them onto my thighs. Nobody will definitely be seeing them there!!  ;D
I had feelings of nausea on the Sunday and Monday but they seem to have gone now. Probably the patches kicking in!

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 06:36:44 PM »

When I was on patches it always said to place them on the trunk and not on arms or legs but below the waist and not near the breasts. This seemed to leave the buttocks as a good area for me.  I suppose it depends on which patches as to where you are advised to stick them!

Taz x

Limpy

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 08:54:36 PM »

Lower abdomen or buttocks.
Tried top of leg once, got angry red mark, worse than usual.

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 04:51:04 PM »

Always on my bum cheeks!

re the Evorel - the progestogen in this type (norethisterone) can cause pmt symptoms in some women. It gave me headaches. Keep an eye on it and see if it settles. If it gets worse so that it's intolerable for the whole of the two weeks, then maybe try a different type. Hopefully will be OK in the end for you!

Hurdity x