Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Thank you NHS  (Read 9493 times)

honeybun

Re: Thank you NHS
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2014, 01:40:59 PM »

I am post menopause and don't need to take progesterone to protect my womb.

Was what SL said. I think she makes what says pretty clear. She was referring to herself not women in general.
So no confusion.

Honeyb
x

Sarah2

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2014, 04:29:42 PM »

Honey- this is what she wrote : I am post menopause and don't need to take progesterone to protect my womb,

She doesn't need to protect her womb because she doesn't have one. SL statement implies she has a womb, but because she is post meno she doesn't need progestogens.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 04:32:15 PM by Sarah2 »

honeybun

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2014, 04:33:31 PM »

Yes that's exactly what I said.. :-\

Still thought it was perfectly clear.

Honeyb
x

Rowan

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2014, 04:42:44 PM »

You are splitting hairs Sarah2 you know very well very what I meant,

"I am post menopause and don't need to progesterone to protect my womb" meaning I don't have a womb to protect, and as I am prolific poster and have talked only recently on a thread about natural progesterone cream , that you and I different views on, you will know I have had a hysterectomy. Most posters know too.

I never inferred that women who are post menopause don't need to take progesterone, I was talking about myself!

If any poster had any queries  I am sure they would have posted themselves.

I should have put a comma after "I am post menopause"

« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 04:48:06 PM by silverlady »

honeybun

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2014, 05:55:16 PM »

Perhaps Sarah is a member of the correct grammer club.

Slapped wrist SL don't forget that comma  ;)

Honeyb
x

Rowan

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2014, 05:57:00 PM »

;D ;D

Sarah2

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2014, 06:07:39 PM »

Nothing to do with a comma.

Anyway- whatever.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 06:11:19 PM by Sarah2 »

Taz2

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2014, 06:26:22 PM »

Sorry but if someone who was just perusing the forum had read the statement "I am post meno and don't need progesterone to protect my womb" they could quite easily misunderstand although, of course, all of us on here do know that you have had a hyster SL.

It's one of those occasions where the way something is written can be interpreted in different ways. I guess "I am post meno and as I've had a hyster I don't need to protect my womb" makes it clearer.

Taz x

Rowan

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2014, 06:40:37 PM »

Taz I did forget to put hysterectomy in brackets as I usually do. 

I did say "my womb" not "the womb" its semantics.

I also said "I am phasing my estrogen only patch out now" my first post was not read correctly by Sarah2.

I was not giving incorrect information.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 07:14:06 PM by silverlady »

honeybun

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2014, 07:24:18 PM »

As Sarah so eloquently put it ---- whatever.

Reminds me of what my teenagers used to say.  ::)

Perhaps because some of us have been around so long we are inclined to forget that others do not know our backgrounds so well.

Honeyb
x

Limpy

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2014, 07:48:11 PM »

The thing is Honeyb is that's so easy to forget things that have been said in the past.

I think I remember SL saying she has had a hysterectomy but I'me not entirely sure, my memory is not good.   ::)

When I see "I am post menopause and don't need to take progesterone to protect my womb." I could well take it at face value.......
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 07:53:28 PM by Limpy »

Rowan

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2014, 08:08:52 PM »

Why would I be using an estrogen only patch then, to me my post was quite clear and self explanatory, I would not be using estrogen only if I have not had a hysterectomy.

Sarah2 has a habit of wanting to find fault with what I post, and to be honest I am more then a little tired of it she has used the term "What ever" before to me, its rather infantile.

Its important to read posts properly. If all the post had been read properly  "I am post menopause and don't need to take progesterone to protect my womb." would make perfect sense and not be misconstrued. Maybe though if you were looking for faults though .............

Trey

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2014, 11:08:09 PM »

I'm in the post hyst club and just assume that estrogen patch or ERT means post hyst.  As an aside, I've tried 'natural progesterone' twice and it knocked me over with a migraine each time. 

Hurdity

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2014, 05:12:07 PM »

I'm feeling pretty chuffed today.  My GP has agreed to prescribe Oestrogel to go with the Utrogestan I'm now using, so I now have my preferred and well researched combo on the NHS - fantastic!

Have been off the forum for a while so just read this and wanted to say - great news Stellajane and hope it works for you!!  :)

Hurdity  x
Pages: 1 [2]