Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Chillow  (Read 3555 times)

Joyce

Chillow
« on: March 16, 2014, 05:22:13 PM »

Well last night my legs were driving me insane, too hot, too restless.  After tiger mentioning about chillows recently, I dug mine out & refilled them, thinking if I had  night flushes again they would be handy. However, touch wood, not needed for night time flushes. So stuck one under my legs. Oh the relief!  Turned on my side & stuck it between my legs & nodded off. Ok not sexiest thing I've ever done, but to heck with sexy when you're very uncomfortable.

My hot legs have become worse since cutting back on HRT. But hey if a chillow works, I'm not complaining.

honeybun

Re: Chillow
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 07:33:04 PM »

Oh that sounds great. It's my feet that are on fire these nights. I am sure they glow in the dark. And then they start to itch.
Never thought of a chillow. Not sure what hubby would think as he has really really cold feet due to his diabetes. He warms up on me  ::)

Honeyb
x

mazzy

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 07:57:50 PM »

I know exactly how you feel Cubagirl.  I might try a chillow for my restless legs.  Why do they always start at night just when you need sleep?

I have tried spraying my legs with a  cool spray but it doesn't always work.  My legs are in and out of the bed clothers all night, then I get cold. It drives me up the wall.

Hope your chillow keeps working for you.

Mazzy x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 08:28:31 PM »

Restless legs syndrome can be eased by Nurofen, several bananas daily or can be a lack of magnesium

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 09:10:08 PM »

I can't take nurofen and bananas make me feel sick so I just just have to put up with hot feet and restless legs.  ::)

Honeyb
x

tiger74

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 09:15:36 PM »

:-* my Chillow

;D

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 10:26:30 PM »

Well I've tried magnesium spray - horrendous, legs felt like they'd been scalded. I have to be careful taking ibuprofen because of asthma & I eat bananas. So chillow it is.

HB I'm opposite I warm up on my hubby, so much so it's unbearable.  ::)

ariadne

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 10:23:24 PM »

I was thinking of getting one of these for my son whose bedroom gets incredibly hot in summer. I read the reviews and comments on Amazon and read that some people have made their own versions by filling a cheap inflatable camping pillow with cold water!

I might give it a go  ;)

Ariadne xx

oldsheep

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 07:32:57 PM »

the DIY version sounds like it might spring a leak Ariadne  :o Good luck. I've not heard of chillows before. I use a microwave heat pad as have the opposite problem with iced feet and knees that feel icy too (mucho weird as usual  ::))
I do like lying with my head on a cool pillow though.