Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Menopause or Pregnancy?  (Read 9821 times)

Maryjane

Re: Menopause or Pregnancy?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2014, 01:26:36 PM »

I have been through ( still am on and off ) a low mood patch, and I have found my local library I go there for an hour + and read a book or paper, my friends work full time and I work for myself and it can all be a little ummmmmm at the moment, but I enjoy going to the library. Also take a book to the local park, sit under a tree and let your mind wonder to things that make you happy.

If you can afford it, the odd luxury from an alternative health place is always welcome. Think you can tell I am battling my own demons on and off at the mo. :)

Ana

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2014, 03:26:41 AM »

Thank you so much, Maryjane, for the tips to combat loneliness at home. My sister did suggest going to church (everyday!) but I think I prefer your suggestions! I am dreading my children going back to school after Easter because of the mental state that it put me into about 10 days ago (before the start of their Easter school holiday). I am also trying to get some voluntary work to do as well.

Ju Ju

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2014, 07:26:47 AM »

The advice given to combat depression and loneliness works. I have fulfilled a long held ambition to have singing lessons, joined 2 choirs, do voluntary work ( which has taken a lot of courage), taken part in a local amateur drama group production, signed up for yoga, walk most days, and look after my little grandson for a day and a half. When did I find time to work?

Life is good. Find out what you enjoy doing and get involved. Look after yourself. Eat a good diet and exercise, be it gently like me. Can I recommend a book I am reading? Lovability by Robert Holden. A enjoyable read and I feel better about myself after reading it.
Pages: 1 [2]