Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Mirena mood  (Read 2621 times)

Badga

Mirena mood
« on: March 20, 2014, 04:56:26 PM »

Hi all

I had my Mirena fitted 24 Feb as opposed prog therapy to transdermal estrogen.  In the patient information leaflet one of the side effects is 'mood swings'.  To be honest, since I have had it fitted I have noticed a difference in my mental state.  I am anxious, weepy, irritable, lost interest in things, tired, can't be bothered, worried about everything, can't sleep.  Has anyone else on here experienced similar symptoms and how long do they go on for?

Badga xx

Badga

Re: Mirena mood
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 04:58:36 PM »

...forgot panicky and paranoid.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 05:04:51 PM »

I've had a Mirena and I can't say it affected my moods etc. but I did feel very sleepy and fatigued at times.  I do think when you first get the Mirena your body is probably getting an initial 'hit' which could affect things.  How much oestrogen(gel or patch) are you using?  If you are not using much oestrogen you may be out of balance
Dg x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 05:23:08 PM »

Some women do react badly to the progestogen in Mirena - there are all sorts of forums about it I think - but I agree with Dancinggirl that just give it a chance for a while longer and if things don't improve you may be one of the unlucky ones.  :(  Hopefully not!

Many seem to be very happy though!  :)

Hurdity x