Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Not A Night Sweat But Sweats All Night!  (Read 2611 times)

Machair

Not A Night Sweat But Sweats All Night!
« on: March 17, 2014, 04:02:59 PM »

I used to be on here all the time asking all you kind ladies about periods and mine were haywire then!
Well now it will be the end for me in two months when I will have been bleed free for one year- so for all you ladies with haywire bleeding patterns the end does come eventually!

Now I am having real night sweats issues and wanted to ask you all about your experiences. I don't wake up and have a night sweat that only lasts a few minutes, I seem to be sweating most of the night. :( I'll wake up many times drenched and have to spray myself with water - it even makes me feel anxious too- in fact on the nights when I am really bad the next day sees my IBS getting worse. Does anyone else have this? I'm sweaty everywhere especially in the creases of my elbows and the back of my neck which leaves my hair soaking.

I'm trying to get through with no HRT so I guess it is going to be harder.

Joyce

Re: Not A Night Sweat But Sweats All Night!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 04:11:17 PM »

Sympathies Machair. I was like that a few years ago after taking HRT break. I had ones like that during the day too.  GP put me back on HRT. However, now trying to come off it again, but also using starflower capsules. Although not sure how much they are helping, but so far no night sweats & only a handful during the day.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 04:16:35 PM »

Hi machair

I can't remember your circumstances re periods and how old you are but is there any reason why you don't want, or maybe cannot (for medical reasons) take HRT? If so I sympathise and hope someone is able to help you.

If not, there is really no need to suffer if it is affecting your sleep, anxeity and general health.

Are we able to persuade you to consider if it, if you can, as it will definitely prevent the sweats? As you have probably read on here (recent threads about how long symptoms go on and coming off HRT) there is no guarantee that your sweats will stop when you have had your last period as your oestrogen levels will continue to fall over the next year or so and some women have them for 15 years. You cannot know whether this could happen to you so might be worth thinking about ( I'm sure you have already!)

Hurdity x

dulciana

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 06:47:54 PM »

Hi Machair

Like you, I also do not take HRT, but pretty much ever since my meno started, I've been using the Ladycare Magnet and haven't had night sweats since then.
http://www.ladycare-uk.com/what-is-ladycare.php
I'd recommend trying it. 

Dulciana