Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Gardening weather!  (Read 10584 times)

honeybun

Re: Gardening weather!
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2014, 08:00:29 PM »

Our gardening weather has gone. Miserable here today. We did go to our community garden to water our peas. I sowed them in October last year and now they are in flower so I live in hope of an early crop.
I love new peas.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2014, 08:01:34 PM »

New peas straight from the pods, un-cooked  :-*

Hurdity

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2014, 08:13:55 PM »

Community garden sounds intriguing  - does everyone just pitch in and plant stuff or do you have a plan and a rota? Or do you each have your own patch like an allotment? Amazing that the peas have survived the wild, wet, wet winter. We are never organised enough to plant anything the year before or even early - we tend to plant it all at the same time!! Hopeless really!

Hurdity x

honeybun

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2014, 09:38:43 PM »

Our community garden is built on a disused boat yard. The ground is possibly contaminated so we garden in raised beds. We each pay for an outside bed (very large) and a smaller bed inside huge poly tunnels. It costs £25 a year.
We have a barn for community use and we share tools/ compost/ sea weed .....Well every thing really. There is a propagating tunnel where we bring on seeds and then we all swap seedlings. It's such a nice place to go, it's right on the shoreline of our village and is peaceful and very quiet.
We grew our peas in a polytunnel over the winter. They would not have survived outside. It's a bit exposed being on the seashore.

It's one of my favourite places to be. I always feel relaxed and leave my worries and stresses at home. This will be our fourth year and I have just heard that the committee have managed to extend the lease for another 25 years

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2014, 01:52:30 PM »

:bounce:  sounds a great idea!

Been busy outdoors today …...

Hurdity

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2014, 07:58:04 PM »

What an amazing project! There should be more schemes like this - every town or village should have one!

Hurdity x

honeybun

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2014, 08:21:19 PM »

There are quite a few about now. We often have visits from groups who are starting up and want to see how it works in practice.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2014, 08:23:00 PM »

Northants has Pocket Parks ………..

bramble

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2014, 03:32:53 PM »

Just been to the garden centre today for some lupins and other bits and bobs. Got a new pair of leather gardening gloves - how posh is that?!!! Only because my long nails quickly go through cloth ones!

Bramble

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2014, 05:23:48 PM »

Chilly and dull here today <sigh> so no gardening done.  Lupins have survived in a  pot from last year, didn't even die down as usual  ::)
Pages: 1 [2]