Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: feeling awfel in the morning  (Read 6145 times)

pixigirl

feeling awfel in the morning
« on: March 16, 2014, 08:39:42 AM »

think there was a thread once about tis but i cant find it. Every morning i feel awful, nausier,headache,fatigue, all get up and go gone. By about lunch time i begin to feel better and by evening fighting fit.I felt like this when i was on hrt and now i am not but still feel the same and have done so for a very long time.Insitendatly, so does my husband!\sorry about the spelling, i blame the keyboard!!!

honeybun

Re: feeling awfel in the morning
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 08:51:53 AM »

Sorry to hear you are feeling rough.

If both you and your hubby are feeling like this have you considered that it might be something in the house that's causing this.
Have you had your central heating boiler serviced to make sure there are no tiny leaks.
If it's something that you are both suffering from I would consider other things than hormones to be honest.

Honeyb
x

Sarah2

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 09:30:37 AM »

Definitely look into carbon monoxide issues- old boiler, fumes from somewhere coming into the bedroom - or something you are both eating/drinking last thing at night, or maybe simply a virus that is making you both feel unwell.

Rowan

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 09:30:57 AM »

Make sure you have a window open at night, and also consider sleep apnoea.

Low blood sugar and cortisol levels can be another reason.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 01:51:28 PM »

Keep your windows open and get a service man in to check your boiler!!!!

Low blood sugar can cause morning nausea, the body has fasted all night so needs sustenance - do you both eat the same at the same time?

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 04:16:38 PM »

It's very odd that they are both feeling the same though.

Hope you get it resolved soon. How long has this been going on for ?

Honeyb
x

pixigirl

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 11:45:44 AM »

nk you for all your advice. Our boiler is servised every year, so doubt it is that.As you point out it may be down to our diet, which i must admit ia not very good, we tend to eat only once a day, in the eve about 5 o clock. Reason is we just are not hungry or just cant face food, i will look in to cortisol.I do suffer from ibs which is out of contol at the moment. Anyway thaks again and i do realise i need to be on another section as this may not be menopausel.

Sarah2

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 12:30:28 PM »

If you don't eat anything from 5pm to say 8am the next day then your body will have gone into starvation mode.
Sorry- not being funny- but that is far too long to go without food.

Also if you only eat once a day- not sure what you eat for that meal- then it's not surprising you have no energy, feel sick  etc.

Why can't either of you face food- do you both have other health issues?

Such an extreme lack of appetite or an aversion to food is not a sign of good health and suggests there are other things going on.

When you say you don't eat except for one meal at 5pm, are you both working, out of the house, or what? Why do you not eat at least 3 meals?

The ideal is 6 small meals a day- once every 2-3 hours to keep your blood sugar stable.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 12:33:26 PM by Sarah2 »

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 12:45:46 PM »

Thanks Sarah2.  The queasiness will be due to the body needing food ……. I 'lived' like that for over 30 years  :'( feeling queasy, people telling me my body wanted feeding, me not being able to face anything at all  :'(

pixigirl

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2014, 12:51:50 PM »

ra2 and clkd?

We both dont work, hubby is disabled and suffers from depression, i am his carer and last november my dad was diagnosed with cancer and i must admit i am finding it hard to get a grip. We dont eat till tea time, because we just dont want to eat, tea is healthy, meat and two veg type of thing. I have eaten like this for years as when i was in work i was very managing a resturant and worked extemly long shifts and got into very bad habits food wise.

Sarah2

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 01:00:53 PM »

Sorry to hear about all the health issues in the family- they are clearly very stressful for you. 

But- at the risk of sounding  bossy- you need to eat breakfast at the very least. Doesn't have to be anything time consuming- a yoghurt and a banana, or a bowl of porridge would be perfect and oats are very good for IBS because they are gluten-free and gentle soluble fibre.

I need to eat little and often. If I don't eat within an hour at the most of getting up in the morning, I feel sick because I am starving! if I miss a meal such as lunch then I can easily get a migraine due to the drop in blood sugar- I've discovered this by experience over many years. If I am going out and think lunch might be delayed then I always take something with me for a snack- oat cakes, a few nuts, or a piece of fruit- because otherwise by evening I may well have a terrible headache.

I'm just telling you this to show how food or lack of it can affect us.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 01:21:16 PM by Sarah2 »

honeybun

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 01:54:11 PM »

The longer I go without food the less I want to eat. You quickly get into a vicious circle.
I am not a breakfast lover but always have something. Usually cereal and a yogurt. It's quick and easy.
We have a very regimented meal regime in my house as my hubby has type 1 diabetes. He has to have nourishing balanced meals at regular times. Funnily enough I noticed that we have both benefited from this with less dips in energy levels.

Honeyb
x

Ju Ju

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2014, 02:36:28 PM »

Apparently I have insulin resistance, in other words pre diabetes, and suffered from low blood sugar episodes. I thought having porridge for breakfast was good, but apparently not. An egg with something was advised. I haven't had any low sugar episodes since. I don't want breakfast, but know I will run out of energy if I don't. I also don't get those hunger pangs, which can lead to eating something less healthy anymore.

Sarah2

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2014, 04:14:10 PM »

Ju Ju- have you been told that you ought not to eat porridge?

The reason I ask is my mum was diagnosed with pre diabetes ( she is not remotely overweight but is elderly) and she eats porridge daily. She was told to control sugar ( so she doesn't add it to porridge, doesn't eat cakes, biscuits, jam, sweets or anything containing sugar and has increased her exercise with is vital) but whole grains are fine.

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2014, 04:44:42 PM »

It is a vicious circle  :-\ ………… try to eat something during the day.

My snacking tips are: bananas, dried fruits and nuts, chocolate; keep hydrated; eat before the body becomes hungry or I soon go 'off' ……… even now I can feel that my body requires feeding  :-\ ……… milk shakes, pancakes are a good standby, as is chopped chicken with rice, pasta ……..

Maybe you nibbled whilst cooking, tasting and checking flavours may have been enough to keep you 'going' until your evening meal?  Your husband should eat if he is on medication as it helps absorption.  How about getting a dietician to visit at home for advice?

If you are nauseous and headachy you need to begin grazing  ;)