Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: heavy legs/aching body  (Read 6235 times)

cherub0308

heavy legs/aching body
« on: March 19, 2014, 12:53:40 PM »

Hi ladies

Over the weekend I had very heavy laching legs. On Monday evening I ached from head to toe.  Could this be the estrogen I have started to take getting into my body ?  I attend pilates and toga classes and my arms have been quite painful when doing some of the exercises. Never experienced before.  Or is it another symptom to add to the  list if hormonal symptoms?

Any advice please.

Thank you

Cherub0308 x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: heavy legs/aching body
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 03:55:24 PM »

You could take your prescription to the Pharmacist and ask?

I have restless legs which is due to a lack of potassium

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 05:39:15 PM »

I wouldn't have thought oestrogen could cause these symptoms.

I had various aches and pains last week - back arm, leg etc and I also do exercise classes and had more aches last week after doing them, but it turns out I have a mild virus making me feel generally under the weather, and I am sure this was the cause of the aches.

You mentioned on another post you have the coil and are you certain you can tolerate this progestogen well ie have you had the coil for sometime?

Otherwise maybe you have a virus too?

Hurdity x

cherub0308

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 08:22:34 PM »

Hi hurdity

Thank u for your reply. I have had the coil in for  two and a half years. Du u  think it could be that. I dont know if I can tolerate it. I just fear if I have it taken out heavy periods will return with me having fibroids.

Or like u say a virus. I hadn't thought of that.  Also I am down to taking one anti depressant .

Never experienced  aches and pains,like it before. Maybe a sign of  middle age!,.  Goshit was awful.  I do remember my legs feeling like lead with periods  a long time ago.

Been refered  for counselling so should hear in about 5 to 6 wks.

Many  thanks

Cherub0308 x

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 11:10:14 AM »

Thinking about this thread reminds me of how my legs ached as a teen, so probably hormone related.  I also remember crashing fatigue  :(

cherub0308

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 04:47:10 PM »

Hi CLKD

I spoke to a pharmacist today and he said  the pain would be a sudw effect if the hrt I am taking :( It has gone off and he said it was a good sign. Said best to go back to the drs  and  see if I need some calcium.

Cherub0308

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 05:31:24 PM »

Hi cherub0308

I don't know anything about anti-depressants except it is difficult to come off them so have you started feeling this since reducing your dose and have you been reducing it suddenly or very gradually? I know it depends on the type how slowly you need to withdraw but this could be a factor.

I can't imagine calcium would have anything to do with how you are feeling - but clearly everyone needs enough which most get from their diet.

There is a lot of info about calcium on this site:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/diet.php

Scroll quite a long way down past the first paragraph about calcium to the section entitled CALCIUM RICH FOODS AND BONE HEALTH. There is a very detailed article and info about calcium rich foods.

Hurdity x

cherub0308

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 07:31:21 PM »

Hi hurdity

I have been reducing anti d's  (venlefaxine) for two weeks. I take one now instead  of 2.  The heavy legs started  last w end and aching. So I  really don't know.

Thank you for the info on calcium.

The pharmacist also  advised me to take pain relief. I did have a bath in lavender, marjoamrosemary which helped  for a period of time. I also used tiger balm. Never been  one for taking  pain killers. The main thing for me since I have been on the estrogen my mood has improved . I had hit  rock  bottom.

Cherub0308

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 09:34:07 PM »

It is not difficult to come off ADs with GP support  ;)

Any change in medication can make the body react ……… at least the Pharmacist has given good advice!