Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Severe and prolonged symptoms.  (Read 10094 times)

pink lady

• First Flush
Re: Severe and prolonged symptoms.
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2014, 12:36:40 PM »

Good morning ladies. Really feeling the need to just vent today and I apologise in advance to you all! Went back to see GP last Friday and to get results of blood tests, everything came back absolutely fine which I know I should be jumping up and down about but am finding it really hard to get excited as it doesn't stop the relentless symptoms that are still happening.  Anyway that's enough wallowing in self pity now for the more positive I hope.  Dr agreed to prescribe some HRT so have started taking Kliovance 1mg estradiol and 0.5mg norethisterone.  Nothing to really report as to there being any change, still feeling 'spaced out' although the heat at night has not been starting until around 5 in the morning instead of 3am (I'm taking the HRT just before bedtime) so not sure if the extra 2 hours peace is just coincidence, any thoughts on this would be welcome.  Could anyone also please tell me how long before I should see any difference if there is going to be any? I really am not expecting miracles after 12 years of this and I am determined to keep going and trying to find a solution.

PL
x

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2014, 05:56:34 PM »

Hi pink lady

You should begin to feel better very soon! Tablets can take longer to work sometimes than patches/gel but hopefully you will reap the benefits and your symptoms will reduce or disappear!

Keep us posted....

Hurdity x

pink lady

• First Flush
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2014, 12:32:15 PM »

Hello again Hurdity

How are you? Just wanted to say a great big thank you. You can always be relied upon to give a quick reply and you are so encouraging and informative  :) Just wondered if you have any knowledge about the HRT I have been prescribed? I know it's a low dose one and I know it's very early days for me but was wondering if the dose is not sufficient in the coming weeks whether it's possible to take 2 tablets maybe 1 at night and say 1 mid-morning.  I have no intention of experimenting at this stage as I am just so relieved, at the moment, that I'm not experiencing any nasty side effects! On a really positive note I actually slept for 7 hours last night without being woken by the furnace that is my head, the first time in over 12 years, I have my fingers and everything else crossed it wasn't just a fluke, will let you know.

PL
x

honeybun

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2014, 01:41:23 PM »

I don't have any experience of your particular HRT but I do know if you take more oestrogen then you have to also take more progesterone to oppose it other wise you will not shed enough of your womb lining to keep things healthy.
You would really have to speak to your GP about a stronger HRT.

Honeyb
x

Hurdity

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2014, 05:33:55 PM »

Hi pinklady

Honeybun is right re the progestogens - you need to have sufficient, in your case ( continuous combined HRT) to keep the lining thin as there should not be bleeding once you are settled on the regime.  However with Kliovance the high dose equivalent - Kliofem - doubles up both the oestrogen and the progestogen ( norethisterone). Look at the menu and you will see this.
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/postmeno.php

Personally I wouldn't double up yet until you have been taking it for a while - and then if you don't feel your symptoms have settled, you could ask your GP for the higher dose as honeybun recommends (which would be taken once a day - and would save you money!).  There is no reason why you shouldn't split the dose if you suffer more side effects from taking it in one go, but I would still speak to your doc first.

Hurdity x

Pages: 1 [2]