Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Bleeding  (Read 2158 times)

hewitt13

Bleeding
« on: February 03, 2014, 04:52:20 PM »

Hi Ladies,
Been a while since my last post so that must mean life hasn't been to bad. Periods started getting heavy last year with flooding that made me anaemic. Last period lasted for about 20+ days then stopped. After having intercourse, started spotting for couple of days, then brown discharge. Nothing for 2/3 days then spotting again.
Anyone had anything similar?
Thanks,
Kim x

Alli

Re: Bleeding
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 06:05:40 PM »

Hi I'm new to this forum and am so grateful to see that it's not just me struggling with these women's problems!
I'm 49 next and my periods are all over the place.  Didn't have one for about 3 months then started, this went on for ages about 2 weeks stopped then a few days later started with a brownish discharge and then a bit if spotting.  Went to see my GP last week as was a little concerned but she has assured me that this is nothing unusual but to keep a diary.  I had an endometrial polyp removed a few years ago and wasn't sure whether it had returned or not.  But along with the flushes, itchiness, restless nights and lack of libido think I'm slowly starting with menopause.  All I can say is to keep a diary for a couple of months and then go and have a word with your GP. 😄😄

ann58

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 08:31:00 AM »

I was the same, sometimes I had heavy bleeding for 3 weeks, nothing for a week then it would start again. I haven't had a period now for 2 years but have just started hrt and I am bleeding again :(

Jane44

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 08:07:53 AM »

Hi there sounds very familiar went to GP yesterday with palpitations missed beats I said I thought it was related to peri as been having strange periods spotting before the actual period red blood moderate for a three days then spotting for a week. Then nothing till cycle starts again maybe twenty days later. GP not sure ECG normal having blood tests and 24hr ECG just wish they would stop now so annoying. Also started getting hot at night . Hope things settle for you maybe we just have to sit out and cross our fingers that it will all end soon.