Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Femoston 1 10  (Read 2773 times)

ljack1

Femoston 1 10
« on: March 11, 2014, 02:25:02 PM »

Hi.  I'm trying to get Femoston 1 10 and the pharmacist says that it is no longer available and that the doctor must prescribe something else?  Can anyone shed any light on it?  I live in the UK.

Hurdity

Re: Femoston 1 10
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 05:50:17 PM »

Sounds a bit odd to me?

I can't see anything on the web about it, so even if it was discontinued today, there would be sufficient stocks of it to last for a few weeks anyway. Maybe there is a temporary shortage though - sometimes that does happen with some products. Even so another pharmacy might have it in stock?

I would go to a different pharmacist or go back to the same one saying as far as you know it hasn't! Alternatively phone your practice and see what they say - but I've googled and nothing comes up.

Hurdity x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 07:27:36 PM »

I believe Femiston is one of the most popular HRTs so I doubt very much they would discontinue it - especially the low dose 1/10 version.  Hope you get it ljack1 - many ladies do very well on this HRT.  DG x

ljack1

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 08:39:26 AM »

Thank you Hurdity and DG!  I can't understand it either.  My doctor is meant to phone today about this so hopefully I will get to the bottom of it.

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 01:13:13 PM »

I think they're telling you porkies!  I'm on it and have been for almost 3 years now, picked up my last prescription about a month ago if that helps?  It is one of the more expensive ones so maybe they're just trying not to prescribe it?