Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Advice needed from everyone - wedding soon  (Read 4855 times)

twinkle1066

Advice needed from everyone - wedding soon
« on: March 11, 2014, 10:06:41 AM »

Hi everyone

You have probably read through my few posts that I have made lately. I am getting married in May but the anxiety of things are really clouding what I should be looking forward to. I am ok for a few days and then get another odd ache or pain and then the anxiety is back. I am shaking today and seem convinced that something awful is happening. I have had ultrasounds and then Dr found a breast lump which sunk me even deeper - luckily after mammo and breast ultrasound all is find. Now I have tummy gurgles and upset stomach and convincing myself something else is wrong.

How can I pull myself out of this pit of anxiety - I have thought about going on long bike rides after work - I tried to eat more healthily but I really need to control this before it ruins my big day x x  :-\

Joyce

Re: Advice needed from everyone - wedding soon
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 11:24:35 AM »

Sorry to hear you're still feeling like this.  If you think the long bike rides will help your anxiety levels, you should do it.  How about yoga, it's supposed to be good for calming the mind.

LilFeather

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 11:28:24 AM »

:bighug:  Twinkle! 

Anxiety can really do a number on us at this point, can't it?  Horrid thing.... 
I think the long bike ride, or a long walk, or any kind of exercise, especially outdoors, can definitely help to relax you and give you other things to think about.  And, an exercised body tends to deal with stress-factors much better and just makes us happier in general.

Very happy for your upcoming nuptials, and even though your mind has you twisting in knots, try to count to ten and refocus yourself (easier said than done...) on something pleasant and encouraging.  Do what makes you happy every moment and spoil yourself as much as you can.  You deserve it!

In closing, I'd like to share a dancing banana with you.  Why??  To celebrate your upcoming "big day" and to maybe brighten this one a bit!

:parti:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 01:17:16 PM »

I went to my GP and he gave me Valium to take 5 days before the Big Day ……….. 5mg morning and night.  WORKED  :bounce:  on our honeymoon DH made me flush them down the loo  ::) - we had a Ceremonial Flush  ;) ……… go along next week, talk to your GP about emergency medication, take a couple of days worth so that you know how you will feel and then look forwards to enjoying your day.

Have you got the hat yet  ;)

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 01:37:20 PM »

Twinkle, sorry to hear that you're feeling so miserable but yes, I also think the exercise would work or at least take your mind off things.  Is there anyone near to you that has a dog?  If so, why don't you ask if you could take it for a walk, I'm sure the owners would be happy to oblige if they know you.  CLKD's idea is good too - try and talk to your GP and see if you can have a back-up plan in place.

lubylou

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 02:24:12 PM »

Exercise is good as it release the body's natural "happy" endorphins, but don't over do it.

Try not to "over think" things, just take things as they come and don't project into the future, you will only find all sorts of things to worry about if you do that! easier said than done I know.

I am sure that when the wedding day arrives you will relax and enjoy it :)
Lubylou

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 08:09:35 PM »

Lubylou, if your suggestions were that easy to over-come anxiety then we wouldn't need medication ………

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 10:17:28 PM »

Rescue remedy is quite good. It comes in a spray or drops.

You have a bit of time to experiment to see what works for you. I can't remember if you are on HRT but St John's Wort is worth a look too.

Honeyb
x

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 10:33:00 PM »

You also get Rescue Remedy pastilles to suck on.

Think lubylou was just trying to help. Different methods work for different people.

Suzyq

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 11:59:54 PM »

I had terrible anxiety and panic attacks from peri - a few visits to er involved! Since taking hrt I have virtually no anxiety and zero panic attacks! Try to find a hrt that suits you - I am on my second type and 4th different dose but it's working for me now. I am sooooo happy to be free from these crippling symptoms.