Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Most natural HRT  (Read 3554 times)

Dinnie

Most natural HRT
« on: March 10, 2014, 08:15:06 PM »

Hi
Read all information regarding HRT and have made an appointment with GP next week. I'm peri with erratic periods and had elleste duet not good for me can any of you tell me which one is more natural is it Femoston? And if I decide to get mirena coil what's best oestrogen to use with that?

X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Most natural HRT
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 08:59:06 PM »

Have a look at the menus, left of screen and do a 'search' for the products to see how others have got on  ;)

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 10:28:18 PM »

Femiston would probably be the best option of the pills to take as the progesterone is the kindest form and well tolerated by many women.  If you have a Mirena fitted you can either use Oestrogel (which gives you control over the amount you use - between one and 4 pumps per day)  OR Oestrogen Patches which many women love.  There are plusses and minuses with both types of oestrogen so maybe try both.  DG x

Dandelion

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 12:10:41 AM »

Bio identical progesterone is the most 'natural' if by natural, we mean, most like our own.

I'm on Femoston and may have to try another, but I am afraid of trying elleste duet or any of the norethisterone synthetic progesterones, because I hear of so many women saying it makes them grumpy or anxious, and in the past couple of years I have made a recovery from anxiety that was really traumatic. If I went on norethisterone, I would just be really worried aobut being trapped on it for a fortnight with horrible moods.
Some women succeed with it though, I just feel too scared to take a gamble and would rather just use utrugestan/micronised progesterone (bio identical progesterone)
Some women find that they cannot get hold of it on the nhs though.

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 07:08:09 AM »

I don't think it's the fact that women can't get it on the NHS because you can. It's just that some GPs are not familiar with it as its first use is for infertility. If you explain then they can look it up.
I wrote down the name and strength I wanted and my GP was quite happy for me to try it.
Sometimes I think if you have a GP without  any knowledge of HRT they are more open to suggestions than the ones with limited knowledge as they think they know best when in actual fact they know very little.

After all that fuss and bother utrogestan did not suit me as it affected my bladder. Sods law really.

Honeyb
x