Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Gone into Menopause following surgery  (Read 2105 times)

JulieJ

Gone into Menopause following surgery
« on: March 18, 2014, 07:05:30 PM »

Hello ladies, I have just found this site and would like to be welcomed into your arms!  I am 51, married with no children.  In October, after 4 years of trying to tell my Doctor how much I was suffering with really heavy periods, I finally went into hospital to have a polyp on my right side removed, along with a large cyst on my left ovary.  The surgeon ended up removing my left ovary and tube and a great deal of endro over most things.  I have had one period since and my other overy has not taken over so it is asumed I am now going through the change.  Hot flushes, night sweats and the low low feelings that are just so not me.   :'(

Taz2

Re: Gone into Menopause following surgery
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 07:18:49 PM »

Hi Julie - welcome to the forum - you will find lots of help and friendship here.

As you are 51 you are at the age of menopause even without the recent removal of your womb and one ovary so your symptoms are quite normal. Do you know if there is any reason why you can't take HRT and was this mentioned to you by your surgeon? This would in all probability solve the hot flushes and night sweat problems and once you are less tired the low low mood will, in all likelihood, lift too.

Have a good look around the site - especially the menu on the left of the screen - and then ask any questions you want and we will do our best to advise you.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 07:21:08 PM »

:welcomemm: browse the menus, left of screen.  Browse round.  There are lots of ladies here with lots of advice, experienced etc..    :tulips:

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 08:17:16 PM »

Welcome from me too Julie!

Hurdity  :)

lubylou

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 11:53:08 PM »

:welcomemm:
 You will find lots of information and support here. I recently joined and have learnt a lot! I wish I had found it before I eventually did.
lubylou

Andrea jones

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 07:55:34 AM »

Hello Julie....I agree with lubylou...wish I had found it sooner! Ladies on here very knowledgeable...good luck x