Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Advice Please  (Read 2309 times)

mags

Advice Please
« on: March 08, 2014, 04:22:24 PM »

I was just looking for some advice please from you lovely ladies on here, regarding my Sertraline progress,  for my anxiety/depression issues.  I had been doing so well and thought I was so much better, but had a setback two weeks' ago and am in one now. My question is this, I had five weeks' s straight with no sleep, before my blip,  at the time I was feeling good and doing allsorts of things, but was so delighted to be feeling better that I couldn't get off to sleep,   I then went down with a virus, then felt low and picked up for a few days,  and now feel anxious and panicky. Would the lack of sleep be contributing to all this?  I am sleeping well now, but just wonder if I still need to catch up , and if doing too much when I felt better has set me back.
I am so afraid of slipping back into the black hole again,  My therapist assured me that the sertraline is still working, and my worrying about it all is making things worse.  I am back to waking in a panic, and thought I had seen the back of all that.  I so want to be well again and  feeling very frustrated. Sorry for the moan, but just hope someone can help me

Thanks in advance, Magsx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Advice Please
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 06:08:17 PM »

First of all, have a  :big hug: …… I found set-backs worse than the original condition  >:( because I had got used to feeling 'better' and the fear of 'oh no, it's starting again and will it never be better and will I always have this' went round and round and ………. rest.  Let the medicine do it's work.  You have had a virus so your body has worked harder to get you well, so the energy has been used up.  Your brain has to 'catch up', we forget it's an organ that, like others, needs support.   Waking in fear plagued me for several months, deep prehensile fear  :-\ ……… I would wake at 5.00 a.m. and have to get out of bed  :o ……… but once the medication kicked in that eased.

Are you able to up the dosage for 5/6 days?

Dyan

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 06:34:52 PM »

:hug: for you mags

Dyan X

littleminnie

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 06:43:08 PM »

Did you still eat when you had your virus?

mags

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 07:19:11 PM »

Thanks  so much to you all for your replies, To littleminnie ,no I wasn't eating when I had the virus as 
I felt really sick and was retching.  I did eat more though for the next few days when  I felt  better.   To CLKD and Dyan, thanks for your great support, Love Magsxxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 08:09:56 PM »

Little steps.  During these next couple of weeks try not to plan too far ahead, rest when you are able and let the medication 'do it's work'.  ;)