Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Seen the gynaecologist  (Read 2465 times)

cherylks

Seen the gynaecologist
« on: February 26, 2014, 02:23:04 PM »

My faith in the nhs is being much restored!  Saw a really good male gynae.  He listened, he read all my notes and scan results, he did his own internal exam and took swab.  Firstly, def nothing to worry about!!  He then explained what he thought is going on - likely polyps causing bleed.  As I have actually had no bleeding for 3 days (having had 8 weeks of it) and cos he couldn't see a polyp that could be removed there and then and from what he could see everything looks healthy he has decided we should wait and see before doing anything.  If I start bleeding again for a prolonged period I am to go back to doc and get referral back to him and he will have me straight into theatre for a hysteroscopy and can then remove polyps etc. 
I know some people here have had prolonged bleeding and give the impression it is down to hormones and not polyps.  If bleeding is cos of hormones only, presumably the only way to know is to have polyps removed first?

Sarah2

Re: Seen the gynaecologist
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 03:15:02 PM »

Were you diagnosed with polyps when you had a scan?

lubylou

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 03:15:33 PM »

Glad that it all went well and you are suitability reassured that there is nothing to worry about.
Lubylou

cherylks

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 04:30:43 PM »

Yes Sarah2, polyps and abnormal surface to lining and thickened lining.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 05:29:15 PM »

I had a polyp which bled on contact.  It shrivelled up all on it's own at peri-menopause.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 05:29:43 PM »

PS - glad you persevered and glad you have a Consultant who knows what he is doing and how to impart knowledge  ;)

Mary1962

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 09:51:14 PM »

Reassuring to read this thread when I've been referred for very similar.  I shall keep my fingers crossed mine is similarly and as swiftly resolved  :)