Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Worst time?  (Read 3055 times)

Dinnie

Worst time?
« on: March 07, 2014, 10:09:46 AM »

Hi ladies

When is the worst time for you out there with symptoms? Is it before a period? After? I'm trying to work out what went wrong with my HRT. I was on Elleste duet 1mg and cerrazette mini pill (progesterone only) so was ok while taking white tablet but bad palps when I moved to green (also progesterone ) very itchy skin I think maybe too much progesterone at that time not sure. Maybe Elleste has a more synthetic progesterone and I need more natural. Can someone tell me a more natural HRT if this is the case and how they control palpitations? Also when this all started I was only having light night sweats no period for over 6 months but feeling fine only took HRT cause go said good for bones but I feel like I've interfered with my system now and kick started periods just wish I had waited to see if I went the year without periods and bad symptoms, who knows it would probably have hit me one day!

Dinnie x

Taz2

Re: Worst time?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 11:00:33 AM »

Did your doc take you off the cerazette before testing your hormone levels? If not I can't see how you can know that you are experiencing an early menopause. Elleste Duet is designed to give you a bleed but cerazette is known to stop periods altogether so I can see how you are a bit puzzled by it all.

Someone will be along soon who understands it all better than me but it seems odd to be taking a progesterone containing hrt as well as a progesterone containing bcp  :-\

Taz x

Dinnie

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 11:35:19 AM »

Hi Taz

Just replied to last post elsewhere lol. No was still on pill when they done bloods never thought much on that, I may ask for another check now I don't take anything so nothing interfering with hormones and see what's what, thanks for that info. Little things like that help.
X

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 05:04:08 PM »

It definitely sounds like too much progesterone to me. Also some women react badly to the progestogen in the green tabs (called norethisterone) - this is well known ( on here anyway!).

If you need to have contraception as well then have you thought of having a Mirena coil fitted? This will also work as the progestogen part of HRT so that you could add oestrogen and your lining would not thicken. Here is some basic info about it (Scroll down)
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/to_progestogens.php

For a more natural progestogen - there is only micronised progesterone (Utrogestan) which several of us on here take, as it has fewer side effects and is bio-identical, and you then take oestrogen separately. There is also info on this at the same link above. This wouldn't give you contraception though.

You may still get pms symptoms just before the period - usually after you stop the progesterone - which is what happens in the normal menstrual cycle, but at least it would not necessarily be for the whole two weeks!

Some women experience no bad side effects atll from the Mirena because it is delivered direct to the womb so there is less absoprtion into the body and it doesn;t have to go through the liver.

Hurdity x