Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 9623 times)

lubylou

Re: Hello
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2014, 03:44:51 PM »

Hi
I am glad your GP has prescribed you the estrogel pump. My situation was similar to dancinggirl I was pretty much told I should take HRT because I needed it to replace the natural estrogen I was missing because of early menopause and that was about 20 years ago. The estrogel should also protect your heart much of the current medical research indicates this to be the case have a look at this link:-
http://www.nhs.uk/news/2012/10October/Pages/HRT-is-safe-and-can-cut-heart-attack-deaths.aspx

You will get a lot of support and information on this site.
All the best and let us know how things so for you
Lobylou

Tm666uk

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2014, 11:08:46 AM »

Thanks lubylou started it 2 days ago so far so good , will take a look at the link thank you for posting :)

Tm666uk

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2014, 08:12:57 PM »

Hiya just a little update :) started evening primrose oil , started estrogel = no hot flushes + sleeping , still nausea and moody can't win them all LOL
I feel bloated a lot and like I'm going to have a period but nothing comes !! Is this normal ? Felt like that for around 2 weeks or so :( .

Dancinggirl

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2014, 10:31:48 PM »

I'm afraid it can be a bit up and down while you are peri meno - fluctuating hormones!!!. Hopefully things will settle down.  DG x

Tm666uk

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2014, 09:01:21 AM »

Help !!! I have been on the estrogel 1 pump for a few weeks and I have had spotting the last few days !! I feel so down crying for nothing , never felt so low and I don't know whether to stop the estrogel straight away or wait till Monday and go back to the Doctor :(

Dancinggirl

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2014, 10:51:00 AM »

Don't panic - spotting is very normal.  I doubt the Oestrogel is making you feel down.  I think you are very anxious - which is a typical meno symptom. You are probably still producing some of your own oestrogen which could cause some spikes in hormone levels - this can cause a bit of spotting as well. I did get some PMT type symptoms with the Mirena.  Though the Mirena is supposed to bring fewer side affects,  it can sometimes bring some of the nasty side affects which progesterone brings for most of us - those typical feelings we got before our period e.g. bloating, mood swings, headaches etc.
Break through spotting and bleeding is very normal for the first few months of starting HRT and with the Mirena there may well be some spotting occasionally at any time.  I used to find that when I started a new canister of Oestrogel I felt as though I was getting slightly more oestrogen and sometimes got a bit of break through bleeding and mood swings alongside.  As time goes on your own hormones will subside and things will stabilise. The beauty of Oestrogel is that you can increase the amount you use if you feel you need it  e.g. you find the flushes and night sweats emerge again, which would be a sign your own hormones have dropped. If your meno symptoms are under control then stick with one pump per day - this is very low dose and could stay ideal for quite some time.
Oestrogen is the goodie  - many of us wish we could just take oestrogen as it makes you feel good. DG xxx

Tm666uk

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2014, 10:59:00 AM »

Thank you once again DG will give it some time if it dries up will get out and run this always makes me feel good :) I am anxious even thinking I'm pregnant that's what all this is !!! Madness my heads mush LOL thank you so much it helps to know I'm not actually going insane Xx
Pages: 1 [2]