Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Skin problems  (Read 2958 times)

Junie

Skin problems
« on: March 07, 2014, 01:36:12 PM »

Hi
I have been suffering for 6 months with itchy skin on my face.
I have changed my skin care to try and help but nothing worked.

I have a rash on my cheekbones, so I went to see my doctor who is also a dermatologist.

He said I have dermatitis .

He gave me dermal 200 to wash with he also gave me caniston cream which is worrying as this cream is usually used on other parts of the body, even the pharmacist questioned why am I using this on my face.

I have been doing as my doctor advised, but it is still very itchy and the rash is still there.

Please can anyone advise me on getting rid of this rash and help with the itching

Thanks so much
Junie

Hurdity

Re: Skin problems
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 04:46:31 PM »

Hi Junie

You don't say anything else about yourself re menopause - but just to say if you are going through the menopause then skin changes are very common. There is a condition called menopausal acne (not sure if that's official!). I started getting this -  hot raised, and sometimes itchy blotches on my cheeks - most unattractive as well as uncomfortable. They disappeared when I started HRT, started to return when I stopped briefly for 3 months, and haven't returned now that I am still on it.

This isn't much help with treating your skin condition (except through HRT)  but just thought I would relate my experience.

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 05:32:57 PM »

:welcomemm:  my insteps itched a lot, every evening it would begin in the bath.  I even woke with my heel itching the opposite instep  >:( ……… are you due to go back to see the Consultant, otherwise give his secretary a ring and ask the question - what is the Caneston for and how often should you use it.  Or look on the Caneston web-site, it has a Q&A section if I remember ……..

You could of course go back to tepid water with no soap and use a clean flannel every time you wash, or cotton wool and wipe gently.

Junie

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 06:38:28 PM »

Thanks to you both for your help,
I am going through the menopause, and will look at the caniston website

Thanks again

Junie

anna123

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 07:35:37 PM »

My skin itches badly and goes very red and peels if I stop HRT or am on a low dose. As soon as I'm on the higher dose of ostrogen it clears up within days