Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: No bleed this month  (Read 1905 times)

Greyhoundgal

No bleed this month
« on: March 06, 2014, 01:07:41 PM »

I'm on Femoston 1/10 and have been for 2 years now with no real problems.  I usually get a bleed each month although it can be a bit erratic, light some months, heavier on others. Sometimes it will start at some point during the progesterone part of the pack, other months it will happen just as I start the oestrogen part on the new pack.  Last year I had a scan done after speaking to my nurse but it came back all clear so neither of us was too worried.  But last month I finished one pack of pills, started the next and nothing.  I'm now onto the progesterone part of this pack (2 days in) but should I be worried at the lack of the bleed last month?  I'm peri by the way, so not sure if that makes a difference?

Dancinggirl

Re: No bleed this month
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 03:29:40 PM »

You are on a low dose HRT.  If you are peri and on HRT you don't know when you go into post meno so I suspect your own oestrogen level may have dropped and perhaps the amount of oestrogen you are taking doesn't build up your lining that much.
Hopefully others with more knowledge will be along soon.
I wouldn't be too worried.  DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 04:46:59 PM »

I stopped having a bleed on my sequi HRT when I was on a monthly cyclre - about 3 years after starting - I was post-meno though. In the short cycle of 4 weeks the low dose of oestrogen was simply not sufficent to build up the lining, and as Dancinggirl says, this is likely the reason with you.

I would not be worried at all. The dosage of HRT is worked out to give more than enough progesterone to oppose the oestrogen and prevent a build up of lining in most women. Now and again things go awry, and you may just want to mention to the doc when you next have a review but I really wouldn't worry about it.

Hurdity x

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 01:08:09 PM »

Thanks DG & Hurdity, I'll mention it at my next check up but won't worry too much about it for now.   :)