Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Testosterone  (Read 11160 times)

Ju Ju

Re: Testosterone
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 08:56:24 AM »

I'm taking Tibolone for atrial period, but no change with T levels. I am sleeping better, but facial acne is appearing.  It doesn't suit everyone, but worth trying.

moonbeam121167

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 11:49:56 AM »

JU JU , not sure even if thats the prob or they give me it but I have heard  from alot of women it has bad side effects, and I am just fed of this heavy feeling in my head, feels just not quite with it, also the lack of motivation, I still have a young family and I just can not be arsed to do anything, my poor hubby well all I do is bitch at him, I have no desire in the bed front and I always had a Hugh sex drive before the op, the Estradot helps alot but I know I am not quite right xx

Sarah2

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 12:38:55 PM »

Not sure how relevant this is BUT....might be!  If you want something that is not available on the NHS because of cost issues you may be able pay for the item on a private prescription, even from an NHS dr.

The problem with the implant though is that it can't be removed easily so if it doesn't suit you then you're stuffed!

« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 12:46:00 PM by Sarah2 »

Ju Ju

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 01:13:56 PM »

I believe low T has been a problem for a long time for me. Moonbeam, you sound very much like I was, trying to cope, but not having the energy reserves to do so. My husband and children had to deal with my unpleasantness due to exhaustion. Be kind to yourself, don't beat yourself up, but do be honest with your family what is going on, so they don't think it's about them. I say this because my Mum didn't and I grew up thinking I was the cause of her mood swings. You're younger than me, so you have time to seek out the appropriate help.

I'm aware of the disadvantages of implants. Not a decision to make lightly. If only the patches were still available. It sounds like they will be very thorough though. May have to have a scan, at a cost of course, but may be good to know that all is well.

peri

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2014, 10:23:47 AM »

Hi Moonbeam

I discovered this website a few weeks ago and have posted about this problem before.  After working out I was perimenopausal I managed to get a referral through my gp and after blood tests found my testosterone was low I was prescribed Intrinsa patches which were brilliant but unfortunately have been withdrawn now (not fair).  I have now been prescribed testagel which is the one meant for men that others have mentioned, women just take a smaller amount.  As I have recently changed my hrt regime onto patches I haven't used the testagel yet but am due to introduce it in a weeks time and I will definitely keep all updated on the results.  Keep your chin up I am sure you will feel better once you find the correct regime for you, it's within your grasp it just takes a bit of trial and error to get there x

Winterose

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 12:39:05 PM »

Yes , please let us know how you get on, I know there is no magic bullet but we cant give up ..........

Diamonds and pearls 53

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 01:02:34 PM »

Peri, Out of interest, did you have to go to a Private Dr for the Testagel? When I asked about this my G.P said that she would not be allowed to prescribe it and I would have to go down the private route.
 Diamonds and pearls x

peri

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2014, 01:47:34 PM »

Hi Diamonds & pearls, no my GP referred me it was on the nhs, so was the prescription.  I know from reading others posts I seem to have been very lucky, don't know if there's a bit of a postcode lottery going on (I live in Yorkshire), or I just have a good GP x

moonbeam121167

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2014, 02:18:14 PM »

Peri please let us know how you get on and I hope when I go to see the consultant it will be positive xx

itwillbebetter

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2014, 03:41:17 PM »

Hi Moonbeam,

I use testim gel which I had to get after seeing a private gynae.  My lovely GP tried to get me implants on NHS but they were withdrawn and although I saw a NHS gynae he couldn't prescribe testim gel hence I went down the private route.

For me, it did initially increase my libido (was very lovely whilst it lasted!) but it just seemed to stop working  :'( 
It has increased my energy levels and given me a bit of a boost though.  However I find that whatever I do has its 'consequences' and for me that now means much more greasier hair, an increase in body hair and a bloody awful rash if I put the cream on the same part of my body for more than 2 days in a row.  I am getting very frustrated with this HRT balancing business as it seems I can't alter one thing without it affecting something else  ::)

moonbeam121167

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2014, 04:22:26 PM »

I know that the consultant does prescribe it but whether I will get it is another thing, is it worth a try if he offers me it as I am fed up of feeling constantly miserable, sad all I want to do is be on my own, I have no drive, I dont over eat or eat loads of crappy food but I am overweight big time especially around the waist, and well sex drive please what sex drive  ;) ;)
Pages: 1 [2]