Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Starting to see the woods for the trees.  (Read 2320 times)

Maryjane

Starting to see the woods for the trees.
« on: March 02, 2014, 06:55:43 PM »

Firstly thank you for the two kind messages. I went to see my uro/gynae on Saturday, I am starting to get my mind straight. The LS is looking much better, I am going to try the amatriptaline again, my husband is going to have a week off work to be with me, I think my extreme reaction was extremely exaggerated anxiety, I am going to start on 5mg. I have had my second week of accpucture, CBT therapy and reflexology starts next week luckily we have a alternative therapy centre 10 mins from my house walking.

We have transformed the spare room into a yoga meditation room, and my husband is going to do it with me every evening after work, very stressful job so it will help him, we did some this am naked (lol), also my hubby massages the perineum which helps relax that tight area.

Problem is I think I have given myself an ulcer, from the whole thing. I think it is the prolapse that is rubbing the puendal nerve area that has caused the problem, so I will start the medication need to discuss stomach probs with gp first, and when I go back to consultant in eight weeks I will discuss if surgery is appropriate as I never wanted it, but the bladder prolapse sits exactly in the area of the nerve and I can feel it rubbing when I walk. I have brought a heat pad that is perfect bum size gets lovely and warm and relaxes my butt checks. Oh also learning deep breathing.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Starting to see the woods for the trees.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 08:19:11 PM »

If you were anxious then the drug might have caused an over-reaction, however, I would be careful ………… let us know how you get on!

Yoga is good and will give you 'me' time together!

Hattie

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 04:52:55 PM »

Have you been advised to give the amitriptyline a couple of weeks to kick in for pain relief ?
I avoid as much stress as possible now too as from what i have read stress only makes pain worse.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 04:56:12 PM »

How are you today?