Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Sleep or rather not sleep  (Read 15693 times)

Shazzie

Re: Sleep or rather not sleep
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2014, 12:11:29 PM »

Hiya

I take a 300mg tablet just before I go to bed and since I have been taking them I am being woken by the alarm clock rather than lying there with a pounding heart from around 3ish.

They also help palpitations.

I got mine from Asda for £1 but they sooooo work.

Shazzie xx

lubylou

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2014, 05:55:20 PM »

I haven't worked out how you do the in quotes thing but Taz when you said getting worried stressed ....... Only make things worse how right you are. Now if only I could tell the pixie who keeps giving me an adrenaline shot at 2am to stop I would be a lot better ;)

Is does sound like you are having a tough time Taz and I take my hat off to you. What a shame your fallback patches are out of date but I assume your GP would replace them with in date ones.

My husband can fall asleep with seconds of his head hitting to pillow and has a regular bedtime come what may!

Lubylou

Wombat

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 01:36:00 AM »

Hey lubylou I think your pixie is sharing the adrenaline shots out tonight .....

I'm thinking about starting an early morning  ??? Talking shop for those of us wide awake bunnies....

Hope you all manage to stay in a pleasant dream world tonight xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 03:16:54 PM »

I sleep when my body tells me to.  Otherwise I get headachy and queasy.  In the bath, on the settee with a quilt, in the car when DH is doing his hobbies ……….. it never interrupts my night sleep, if I'm going to sleep I will - face down quite quickly - if not  ::)

What is waking me for the last year around 3.30 isn is deep, burning pains in both thighs ……… I think it's postural and fortunately the right thigh is improving but oh the pain in the left  :(.  I don't think I turn over enough times!

Galadriel

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2014, 04:47:47 AM »

Awake due to reflux. I love steak pie but not if it's going to do this in the wee small hours.  :(

Wombat

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 10:48:20 PM »

Oh Galadriel no more steak pie !!!
What a shame.....

I have started trying to eat more at lunch time and less at night....in an attempt to stop the fat creeping around my middle too

:'(

Happy sleep tonight xx

Galadriel

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2014, 08:12:21 AM »

Morning Wombat.

I slept ok last night - a Diphenhydramine tablet knocked me out. The trouble is, I think the side effects of talking it are worse than not sleeping.
It made my anxiety feel 10 times worse than normal - twitchy muscles too. I feel awful this morning  :'(

Galadriel

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2014, 07:56:38 AM »

So no more knock-out tablets for me and no surprises I was awake at 4.00am! :o

Anybody else get really twitchy muscles? It almost feels as if my muscles are so tired they tremble. :-\

Maybe it's time I got some magnesium citrate?!

Taz2

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2014, 08:38:47 AM »

Do you suffer from anxiety Galadriel? This can cause twitchy muscles. Thyroid problems can also be a cause.

Taz x

Anjia

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2014, 09:11:23 AM »

I have all these sleep problems and its really getting me down can you tell me are the ladies here with sleep problems taking HRT I am but it is not working for me.

Taz2

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2014, 09:13:28 AM »

Hi Anjia - I found when on HRT that my sleep was better but I have never slept well anyway so am quite used to it.

What sort of sleep problems do you have?

Taz x  :hug:

Joyce

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2014, 09:20:01 AM »

I was worse, off HRT, but TBH I've struggled off & on even on HRT.  I do miss a good nights sleep.

Galadriel

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2014, 09:57:34 AM »

Hi Taz2,
Yes I do suffer from anxiety. I had a lid on it up till this weekend. I wonder if it gets worse for me on the run up to my period - due this weekend.

Must remember to write it down so I can try to spot a pattern.

Anjia - I'm on Prempak-c 0.625mg but will be changing to climagest 1mg this weekend to see if things improve.

Taz2

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2014, 10:15:55 AM »

I was always much worse leading up to a period and the night before hardly slept at all. GAD has muscle tension and twitching as a symptom so it may all be related http://psychcentral.com/disorders/generalized-anxiety-disorder-symptoms/

Taz x

Galadriel

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2014, 10:25:26 AM »

Hi Taz2,

I've had GAD twice before, and successfully treated with AD. I was hoping to not go down that route again but might have to consider it. :-\
I wonder if it's back because I'm peri?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4