Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Feeling very tearful.  (Read 10703 times)

Dancinggirl

Re: Feeling very tearful.
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 05:31:03 PM »

Hi twins2
Quite rightly, your GP has given you the lowest dose so this may take a little more time to kick in.  I think one needs to be patient and not expect HRT to eliminate all your symptoms but perhaps reduce them - at least at first.
You said you hadn't had a period for 20 months which may mean you are really post menopause so your oestrogen levels may be very low and your oestrogen level may take time to build up.  I think you have been given a sequi HRT instead of a continuous HRT??!!. I have to say that Femiston conti would have been my first choice as the progesterone is better tolerated but you need to see how it goes.
Stick with it and when you get to the progesterone part of this HRT you need to see how you feel - it may suit you fine.
If you are expecting the HRT to sort out your emotional feelings I'm afraid I doubt it will truly help as you have so much to cope with at the moment. HRT will hopefully help flushes, night sweats and improve your sleep. As I mentioned before, I needed some cognitive therapy to help me through all the trauma I had - coping with the bureaucracy of the educational system and trying to provide the right homelife for my son was all consuming and exhausting.
I hope you feel a bit better soon.  DG x

twins2

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2014, 11:16:51 AM »

Good morning,
Can I ask quite a delicate question for the last 5 days I have swelling/odema in my lady bits down below to the point were I can't sleep properly,I have to put a pillow in-between my legs,also it is uncomfortable to sit down.I have read the paperwork that came in the HRT box this does say that odema can occur but in the legs,please give me some advice as this is driving me bonkers!
many thanks twins2.

libbyloo

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2014, 11:30:53 AM »

Hello twins 2. Its off to the doctors for you. You need checking out. Think all will agree. Is it a common sympton?

twins2

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2014, 11:50:56 AM »

Thank you for your reply should I stop taking the HRT until I get a appointment as this can sometimes take a week or more?

Maryjane

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2014, 11:55:21 AM »

Local oestrogen has made my ladybits worse and have had to stop, frozen peas wrapped in a towel helps a lot.

Hurdity

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2014, 01:22:46 PM »

Hi twins2

Have you been given Elleste Duet conti (continuous combine HRT) - ie the same tablets all the time?

You are bound to have some side effects, but some women also find they react badly to the progestogen. If you have been given conti you will be taking norethisterone all the time which can give rise to low-grade continuous side effects.

I would definitely report back to the doc if it is that uncomfortable.

Re whether to continue the HRT - why not phone the doctor and ask them to speak to you and say you need advice - they will do this sometimes in my practice? Also it depends how quickly it came on - if it was a gradual effect and there is no oedema elsewhere then maybe OK to continue - but best to ask anyway. If it came on suddenly then I would ask for an emergency appointment, in the sense that it is not a routine issue.

Hurdity x

twins2

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2014, 01:56:22 PM »

Hi there,
I have been given Elleste Duet 1mg which is white tablets first then green tablets,I have got a appointment later this week but I did'nt take the HRT yesterday or today as I could'nt sit down or sleep at night,if this is a side effect you can keep it!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2014, 02:41:55 PM »

twins2 - I have a question about your oedema/swelling. Where is this swelling exactly? I'm wondering if it is a prolapse? Oedema would usually be associated with fluid retention in legs or arms - more of a general swelling and what you describe sounds very localised.  I think you should ask for an emergency appointment at the GP to have this checked.  I somehow doubt this is to do with HRT. DG x

libbyloo

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2014, 02:54:33 AM »

Apologies twins2. I work away, don't have access to mm then. I suggested getting checked out at docs last week. Just caught up on other suggestions. How did you get on? Libbyloo x
Pages: 1 [2]