Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bowel problems.  (Read 15045 times)

Taz2

Re: Bowel problems.
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 06:06:59 PM »

I watched my dad go through a long and painful death from a perforated septic bowel caused by hospital acquired C.Diff so anything which can alleviate such suffering gets my vote.

Taz x

Ju Ju

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 10:31:23 PM »

So sorry about your Dad, Taz. So hard for you. Ju Ju xx

Taz2

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2014, 11:18:11 PM »

Thanks Ju Ju - it's almost ten years ago now but sometimes it just seems like yesterday. It was a very painful and undignified end for a true gentle man.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2014, 12:09:37 PM »

Interesting.  Are the findings published yet?  So long as the faeces is separated from the bacteria it seems safer.  Given by capsule, upwards or by mouth  :-\

IBS can be stress triggered, anyone who suffers is aware of this.  If the gut is already battling 'bad' or missing bacteria, maybe be putting this treatment to use it can ease symptoms.  My IBS was caused because I didn't eat correctly from the age of 3, so my gut 'forgot' how to spasm food through my system.  The body gets into a habit and the brain doesn't forget that habit ……….. old habits die hard!

Ju Ju

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2014, 05:11:16 PM »

My IBS started following gastric enteritis at a time of trauma at the age 14. Apparently, this is quite common.Now stress is a trigger of symptoms, just like with other illnesses. It has a huge impact on our bodies.

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2014, 05:23:19 PM »

Impacts my social life too  >:(

lubylou

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2014, 06:44:16 PM »

My IBS impacts on my life a great deal, I am currently going through a very bad flare-up and I know it is caused by stress and I am very stressed now, I feel like my adrenaline levels are constantly high and trying as I am, I cannot get them down. Consequently I am in pain and it seems like I have a permanently bloated tummy.

Has anyone here tried Beta blockers for anxiety?
LL 

oldsheep

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2014, 08:59:45 AM »

Very interested in any online references on the C Diff treatment please? OH had it last spring (he was run down and took routine cephalosporin antibiotics) and metronidazole is a horrible drug. A cricket colleague of his still has recurrent C Diff which is ruining his life.
I've read about faecal implant, but the UK sites made it sound so last resort and invasive. If a pill were developed,that would be incredible.
Get angry about the delay and suffering that international drug licences could avoid (topic of very good film, the Dallas Buyer's Club). I'm sure it's related as much to Big Pharma as to safety. If it's licenced in Canada, it should be here.

Good luck with it all. Keep us updated.

For more common or garden constipation caused by IBS and meno (not colitis or other illness) a gastroenterologist (post colonoscopy) put me on to 2 tablespoons of ground golden linseed every morning. Started with 1 tablespoon, then gradually increased the dose. It works quite well. You must drink a full glass of water after eating it though. I mix it into porridge and it doesn't affect the taste.

Taz2

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2014, 08:42:30 AM »

Not sure if this link has been posted but it's encouraging http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/10/131004105253.htm

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2014, 03:31:57 PM »

Is this it?
Pages: 1 [2]