Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Think I am dying or have some terrible illlness  (Read 18597 times)

Sarah2

Re: Think I am dying or have some terrible illlness
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2014, 04:14:46 PM »

If you have the Mirena coil then you can use patches or gel. Not sure what you mean by an internal type of HRT- do you mean tablets- the oral route? Or do you mean transdermal- through the skin?
yes you can use that without the coil because some of us have long HRT cycles- anything from 6-12 weeks- with progestogens only for a few days as part of that cycle. So you could easily use a patch or gel while waiting for the fitting of the coil- up to 8 weeks even or longer.

LeighA

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2014, 08:51:58 AM »

I've just opened a new thread on this very subject but realise I didn't need to. My mother isn't alive either, jgr, and I go through exactly what you go through, visits to the docs, anxiety brought on by thinking I'm going to die with every new ache and pain. The anxiety was so bad my throat was closing up and I thought I had oesophageal cancer. I've now joined an anxiety forum and it's helped immensely. I found a website listing the 35 symptoms of perimenopause which helps as every single symptom I have experienced in the past year. I can't wait for my 50's !

countrybumpkin

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2014, 12:07:07 PM »

I am so embarrased to admit this but when i first started getting the odd hot flush in my middle 40's and was still having normal periods I was totally convinced I had carcinoid syndrome which is very very rare type of cancer that causing sudden dry flushing etc.  I even told my Dr of my fear ::) and she basically shook her head at me ;D  So you are far from alone in this catastrophic thinking.
Pages: 1 2 [3]