Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Think I am dying or have some terrible illlness  (Read 18598 times)

twinkle1066

Re: Think I am dying or have some terrible illlness
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2014, 03:02:53 PM »

Thanks Libby  ;DX

Pussycat

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2014, 06:46:08 PM »

Yep every time I have abdominal pain its either stomach or ovarian cancer to me! Drive myself mad :-(

twinkle1066

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2014, 06:59:45 PM »

Thanks Sally ive never been to the Docs so much. Im 48 this year. Going for a pelvic ultrasound this week because lots of tummy gurgling and abdo pain! Cant remember what it feels like to feel well anymore  :'( Helen x (twinkle)

twinkle1066

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2014, 07:02:35 PM »

And thanks Pussycat x

libby1

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2014, 07:04:15 PM »

It is strange that a lot of us suffer with this  :-\  I was a normal person until I hit perimenopause, now I'm turning into my mother  :bang:

Libby
x

SalW

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2014, 07:11:54 PM »

Hi Helen,

Great you are getting an ultrasound.  I have had one fairly recently and found it so reassuring to know all was well.  Had the ok on ovaries, uterus, bladder, kidneys, abdominal aorta, what could be seen of liver, pancreas, gall bladder etc.  Amazing what can be seen.  My experience is that I can stop worrying once I know for sure.  Stops me speculating and getting in a tizzy! :o

Please let us know how you get on.  I hope you find some peace and get the reassurance you need. 

Sally x

PS Great to read all the posts, very reassuring to know I'm not alone!  Love the head butting the wall Libby!

twinkle1066

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2014, 09:25:48 PM »

Will do Sally  ;D the headbutting the wall is great - just how i felt when going to docs and getting nowhere for the past year!!  :o

Wombat

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2014, 07:22:40 PM »

So reassuring to know we are all in it together....I just wish people would be happier to talk about meno and not laugh embarrasedly and change the subject.
Xx

jgr

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2014, 11:59:20 PM »

Been there as well all the feelings of doom and gloom. Like most of you i thought i had something sinister going on with numerous trips to the Dr's and hospital for tests. When everything comes back clear i am on cloud nine until the next symptom / pain appears then i am off again fearing the worst.

I also get very cross at the lack of knowledge we ladies have on the menopause and how little some Dr's know about it. I had never heard of peri-meno until i started the full menopause about 2 years ago. It's not like it is a rare condition and that is why so little has been known about it, for heavens sake it is at least half the population that go through it. I for one do not keep my symptoms quiet and am willing to tell any younger female what to expect. My mother is no longer alive and as her generation did not discuss such things, i never knew what she endured, nor can i ask now.

So so grateful to this site for helping me on numerous occasions, thanks everyone. x

twinkle1066

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2014, 08:23:33 AM »

Hi all on Elleste 1mg been taking green tabs for two days and night sweats have returned. Also have twinging pain everywhere! Anyone had similar? X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2014, 11:26:16 AM »

A drop in oestrogen can cause laxity of the muscle groups = twinges, aches and pains  ::)

twinkle1066

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2014, 11:36:32 AM »

should i continue to take them do you think - someone at my work place said I should ask for a patch instead of tablets  ;D

Hurdity

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2014, 04:02:09 PM »

I've replied on your other thread twinkle. Yes patches will have fewer side effects because they don;t have to go through the liver - but some women react negatively to synthetic progestogens in patch or tablet form.

Depends what sort of pain it is? Leg cramps are given as an uncommon side effect, but headache is common.

Hurdity x

twinkle1066

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2014, 04:31:06 PM »

its mainly digestion problems, with gurling, stabbing pains here and there in my abdo - I also found that my night sweats returned two tablets into the green ones, not sure if that is coincidental or not  ;D

twinkle1066

Re: Think I am dying or have some terrible illlness/Advice please
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2014, 01:26:49 PM »

Ok so here's my up-date - any advice would be good !

Went to have abdo ultrasound all ok - went to see gynae thinks I have a polp that needs to be removed. Anyway, I had been started on Elleste duet 1 mg and when I got on the green tablets I felt sick, had abdo pain, nightmares, you name it - I decided that I would stop taking them and the next day i felt so much better ! but....... whooosh an explosive period then ensued, haven't had one for three months.

Spoke to gynae about this , she suggested having a coil fitted to release progesterone directly and I have agreed to give it a try.

In the meantime, period has now stopped and hot flushes, nightsweats have returned ! I am not sure what to do, whether to just ride the storm and wait until I can have my coil fitted. I am definately not taking the Elleste orally again as it made me feel so bad.

Can any one advise if I can take the internal form of hrt (meno brain cant remember the name) on its own until I have the coil fitted?

Im really confused
XX
Pages: 1 [2] 3