Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Help and reassurance if possible plz  (Read 2524 times)

hewitt13

Help and reassurance if possible plz
« on: February 25, 2014, 03:54:36 PM »

Hi All,
Sorry to have to ask this again but am worrying again. Strange periods again. Started perion Jan 3rd and been on and offsince. Then bleeding properly for past 17days and taking Tranexamic acid for past 4 days which has slowed down bleeding but only stops it for a while then starts again. Doc told me to stop them when bleeding stopped but when I do bleeding starts again. Just wanted to know if this is par for the course.Dont really want to have an ablation as have anxiety and couldnt go through with it. If this is normal then thats fine but worried incase its cancer or something. Sorry Ive been so long winded.
Thanks as usual,
Kim xxxxxxxxxxx

Taz2

Re: Help and reassurance if possible plz
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 04:26:03 PM »

It is really worrying when bleeding patterns change but it sounds perfectly normal to me. Seventeen days is not long to be bleeding (although it feels like it) leading up to menopause. Is it really heavy i.e. are you able to get out and about or are you confined to the house? My longest period was eight weeks of continuous bleeding which was a pain.

Taz x

Dancinggirl

Re: Help and reassurance if possible plz
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 08:53:49 PM »

hewitt13 - strange patterns of bleeding are really common through peri-menopause.  Have you had a blood test to check your FSH? Are you getting any other symptoms e.g.flushes?
The only concern I would have is, if you are having prolonged bleeding and it is quite heavy (which is common in peri meno) then, you could become anaemic so may need some iron.
Again, a blood test might be good to check for iron deficiency.
Keep us posted about your progress.  DG x