Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Here comes another one!  (Read 4620 times)

Galadriel

Here comes another one!
« on: February 20, 2014, 01:23:17 PM »

Hi Ladies,

Yet another newbie joining the forum.
I'm 47 (nearly 48) and definitely perimenopausal (FSH levels confirmed my suspicions). No sweats and flushes for me yet - all my symptoms seem to fall into the psychological category. Anxiety, palpitations, fuzzy-head, dizzy/ditzy/dozy and achy joints seem to be the main ones.

Having lurked around this forum for a week, I'm reassured by the amazing variety of stuff we ladies have to deal with along with our normal daily lives! At least I know I'm not going doolally!

I've been on Prempak-c for 8 months. Initially, I felt much better (for a month) but to be honest, I don't feel it's helping me much now. In fact I've made an appointment with a Nurse Practitioner to talk about coming off HRT!

I'm also seeing a psychologist to sort out the anxiety issues and an acupuncturist to deal with the rest. I'm open to suggestions and advice on swapping hrts or trying ADs.

:)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Here comes another one!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 01:35:19 PM »

Anxiety can be eased - there are several medications on the market for short/long term use.

Maybe your prescription dosage needs adjusting or upping.  Let us know what the Nurse suggests!

:welcomemm:

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 01:47:04 PM »

:welcomemm:

You are going through a relatively early meno so for your long term health ( and you have already made the HRT decision ) it would be best to try and find an HRT that helps.
There are a lot of choices and it can take a few tries to find the one that "fits" best.

Have you considered patches or gel. You could well need a higher dose at your age just to feel back to normal.

Have a look at the menu on the left to see your choices. Ask questions and we will help as much as we can.

Honeyb
x

peri

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 01:50:45 PM »

Hi Galadriel

I think you should change for hrt.  If you can find my new members post you can see that I too was on Prempak C and switched to Evorel sequi patches just recently, I'm amazed at the difference, my anxiety as gone overnight and I feel like my old self  I have had no side effects (I know it's early days).  Your symptoms sound exactly like mine (I'm 49) so I think it's worth a try.  For the aches and pains I take a good quality concentrated omega 3 from www.mind1st.co.uk as I have RSI in my wrists (from years of typing) and what I find is it also sorts out all my other aches and pains.

Peri x

Galadriel

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 02:33:52 PM »

Thank you for the welcome.  :thankyou:

If I don't reply quickly it's because I'm at work so I only pop in now and again, when nobody's looking - the joy of open plan offices!!!

Honeybun and Peri - I hadn't given much thought to the type of HRT - so a change to patches/gel might just be what I need. Oh and some oils for the squeaky joints :)

We only have male docs in our surgery - hence the app with the nurse. She's similar age to me so at least we'll be on the same page with menopause and the variety of utterly odd symptoms our bodies can produce.

CLKD - I'll let you know what the nurse says about anxiety management.

peri

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 02:43:18 PM »

Good luck, let us know how you get on x

Galadriel

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 06:45:31 PM »

Argh! Ouch!
I think I have to add boob pain to the list for Wednesday! Blimey, not been this sore since early pregnancy!! :-[
I think I have some of my own hormones whizzing around, partying with the HRT!

Galadriel

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 06:47:45 PM »

Ok, back from the nurse appointment with a script for climagest 1mg as my boob cysts are complaining with all the oestrogen whizzing around - after a few months of very little from my own hormones they've decided to make a reappearance. Nurse thinks the Prempak might be a bit too much for me.

On the anxiety front, she's seen a huge improvement in me so reckons I should keep going with the acupuncture and the psychologist... no need for ADs.
I think I'm kinda pleased  :)

JJ

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 08:15:40 PM »

That all sounds positive  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2014, 08:24:43 PM »

:thankyou: for the update!