Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: emotions  (Read 3118 times)

charlieangel159

emotions
« on: February 22, 2014, 04:25:20 PM »

Can anyone recommend any thing to help with being so emotional and crying all the time. I am going to try vitabiotics menopace but this seems to mainly help with hot flushes. I really need to get a clearer head and stop crying!! Been on elleste solo 1mg for a week and I no I need to give it more time to take effect but I will try anything right now. Guess like everyone else I want that quick fix!!

Dancinggirl

Re: emotions
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 06:36:00 PM »

Hi and Welcome to MM charlieangel159

We need to know how old you are and a little background info so we can support you better.
I assume you have had a hysterectomy? Elleste Solo 1mg is a very low dose!!
It may take some time for your oestrogen level to build up and help all your symptoms including your emotional state. Vitabiotics won't actually help meno symptoms that much but if you are recovering from an operation or you are run down, a vitamin supplement is a good idea.
Hopefully others who have experienced lie after hysterectomy will be along soon with advice and support.
We're here to help you.  DG x

charlieangel159

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 07:49:21 PM »

I'm 35 and going through a forced menopause after hysterectomy in 2008, right ovary removed in 2012 and left ovary removed 2 months ago. I feel like a woman on the edge of a nervous breakdown! Been sent home from work on Friday and signed off for 2 weeks now!  :'(

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 08:20:01 PM »

Have you been offered any anti depressants to help lift your mood? I know that not everyone likes to take them but it seems as if you are really struggling at the moment. Also, as you are only 35 you may also be offered testosterone to go with your HRT. A lack of testosterone leads to low energy and mood - it's not just about libido. This is from this site http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/aftermeno.php

Taz x

charlieangel159

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 09:01:55 PM »

I will defo be asking about testosterone when i am next at the docs. From reading on here it does seem it might be helpful for me. I am not too keen on taking A/D's but i will keep it in mind. I no things will get better, i just hate the impact it is having on my work, i have had so much time off over the past years its a wonder they still employ me! Thanks taz x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 10:38:11 PM »

charlie
You have had a really rough time and it's not surprising you are experiencing such strong emotions at the moment.  It's good you have a couple of weeks R&R.  I do think you may be on  too little oestrogen for someone so young.  Hopefully the info on this site (under the headings to the left of this screen ) will give you more knowledge. Do you have a good GP? Is there a menopause clinic in your area where you can get better advice.  Taz2 is right, you may need a little testosterone as well as oestrogen but a little more oestrogen might get you back to some normality a bit quicker patches can be a good choice or Oestrogel. It could take some time to find the right balance - but you will get there in the end I'm sure.
Keep us posted about your progress - you're not alone.  DG x