Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Leg Cramps & Digestive Problems  (Read 3736 times)

twinkle1066

Leg Cramps & Digestive Problems
« on: February 24, 2014, 04:08:40 PM »

Hi - I seem to be experiencing quite a few digestive problems and just wondered if anyone else is suffering with this. I am peri and been on Elleste 1 mg for four weeks now, I have also noticed leg cramps especially down my left leg ! which come on at any time and then ease off.

My disgestive problems seem to be mainly down my right hand side and can vary from being uncomfortable to little stabbing pains, seems to be from under right ribcage downwards and also can have stabbing pains in my central abdomen.

The Elleste in general seems to have eased hot flashes and made my anxiety better but I am still stuck with the digestive symptoms and cramps  :-\

honeybun

Re: Leg Cramps & Digestive Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 04:13:05 PM »

Sometimes pills can cause digestive problems and in this case patches are better tolerated.
I decided on patches for this reason.

Don't really know about the leg cramps though but I'm sure someone else will be able to help.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 04:13:39 PM »

Cramp can be caused by lack of salt in our diet.
Digestive problems can be hormonally linked  >:( hiatus hernia is common in ladies of a 'certain' age

Sarah2

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 05:18:23 PM »

Leg cramps are a known side effect of oestrogen. They aren't dangerous- just a nuisance. If cramp continues in 1 place for days then see your dr to rule out DVT, but otherwise you might find it settles down. I get cramp in my toes and sometimes my calves  ( rarely) much more since being on HRT but it's really the only side effect I get and it's not really bothersome.

Agree that patches or gel are better than pills for lots of reasons including digestive system.

mamakaren

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 09:45:44 PM »

I started taking a magnesium supplement and have found that helpful in battling leg cramps!

Karen